HI i hope this isn't the biggest/dumbest newbie question ever asked i currently have a Motorola W490 with Simple Mobile - the $40 plan. I've been doing this for several years, but now finally am thinking i should get a Smartphone. I want to keep Simple Mobile as the service provider. I'm located in Southern California.

I'd like to be able to play music from whatever Blackberry/Smartphone i get by going to the radio station's Website and just play what they're playing (by accessing their website).

There's a Radio Station in San Diego i love, but i'm in the LA Area most the time, and this station doesn't come in using the car's radio. the goal is to be able to play this station in a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S. this vehicle's stereo/radio has a "AUX IN" plug/jack.

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE - Which Blackberry would let me access a Radio Station's internet site, and then output that website's Audio to the Altima

OBJECTIVE 2 - When going on hikes, it'd be nice to have the Blackberry/Smartphone itself play the Audio from a radio station's Site too.

I hope this is clear. i've just started looking at different Blackberries. I'm like an 80 year old man (figuratively speaking ) when it comes to these things. - don't know anything.

At SIMPLE Mobile | Unlimited Cell Phone Plans i've been studying the $50 and $60 plans. i certainly don't need a Bold 9900 or Torch 9860 (just learned these names now at simplemobile's site ) correct ?
    04-28-12 05:37 PM
    What is the radio station?

You would not be streaming from the station's website, since that requires Adobe Flash, which no BlackBerry smartphone offers.

You would need to install an app to listen to the station. There are a number of different radio streaming apps. I will probably be able to tell you if an app is available if I know the name/call sign of the station.
    mikectm2 likes this.
    04-28-12 06:25 PM
    If you can find it through an app like iHeartRadio or something it would work. But as the guy above me said, you won't be able to play from a stations website.
    mikectm2 likes this.
    04-28-12 07:55 PM
    I love Forums! The station is 102.1 FM in San Diego, CA KPRI

in the past couple hours i've been on Craigslist, Inland Empire, and i see that unlocked t-mobile/GSM iPhone 3G are available for like $220. I guess i'd prefer to have an iPhone if that's possible. I definately appreciate the help. If anyone needs any investing (for fixed income ) advice, I do know that stuff !

EDIT - please check out this Link - http://www.kprifm.com/pages/listenlive
    also on a KPRI page, at the bottom, i'm seeing - Powered by: TuneGenie ™ � Terms of Service � Privacy Policy � Get Your Plugins!

Listening to KPRI right now on the MacBook !! <<stompping feet up and down franctically !! >> ( for the first time ) can't a iPhone do what this MacBook is doing right now ?
    Last edited by mikectm2; 04-28-12 at 09:06 PM.
    04-28-12 08:47 PM
    MiRoamer is one app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    mikectm2 likes this.
    04-28-12 09:29 PM
    Rootbrain, KPRI does come up on the MiRoamer Website. Most recently i've been thinking about getting an iPhone (unlocked, GSM, 3G ) rather than a BB. I guess Simple Mobile can do an iPhone too.

Would i be happier/get better Internet with a good Blackberry though (compared to a 3G iPhone ) ? I have the money to do this, but i don't know what in the world i want to do. Been doing a lot of research. I wish i could play with someone's BB, and then iPhone. I can get one of these 3G, unlocked GSM iPhones off of Craigslist for like $200. still need to look better at Blackberries on Craigslist.
    so getting back to MiRoamer. This is an APP that will play KPRI If a person has a Blackberry, how do they get these APPS ? I know for iPhones, you just go into your local Apple store. all this is still totally new here.
    04-29-12 12:12 AM
    There is an app that works on BlackBerry, iPhone, or Android.

The app can be found in AppWorld. http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...68078/?lang=en
    mikectm2 likes this.
    04-29-12 12:28 AM
    You will not get 3G if you get an iPhone. Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile's frequency bands. The iPhone is compatible with AT&T's 3G frequency bands.

If you get an unlocked iPhone, you will only get EDGE, and your browser will be slow unless you use WiFi.
    mikectm2 likes this.
    04-29-12 12:31 AM
    You will not get 3G if you get an iPhone. Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile's frequency bands. The iPhone is compatible with AT&T's 3G frequency bands.

If you get an unlocked iPhone, you will only get EDGE, and your browser will be slow unless you use WiFi.
    And like CDMA, EDGE cannot support voice and data at the same time. But the ping will determine the speed and responsiveness of webpages loading, not just the data speed.

Also, you can download miroamer from here, OTA, using your blackberry: http://app.miroamer.com/blackberry/free/6.0/Miroamer.jad if it doesn't work in Appworld as in my case.
    mikectm2 likes this.
    04-29-12 12:56 AM
    All this is news to me. I just got this piece of information in a PM from the www.iphoneforums.net - " Firstly, there are no 4G iPhones, all iPhones are 3G only, although the 4S does have HSPA+ capabilities if you use AT&T. "

I've noticed that Simple Mobile has a $60 Plan from their Site: Unlimited talk, text and high speed data is only $60 at SIMPLE Mobile. How fast do you want to go?
    Our HSPA+ network offers 4G wireless speeds at up to 42.2 Mbps*. Bring your unlocked 4G GSM cell phone to SIMPLE Mobile and discover its true potential. For only $60 a month you will get unlimited talk, text and blazing fast internet. High-speed no-contract wireless at its finest.

I guess i need to get an "unlocked 4G GSM cell phone". i'm gonna have to "go the high/expensive road" here (obtaining 4G mobile device with 4G Service ) thanks for the heads-up on how bad it'd be with a 3G iPhone on Simple Mobile - i had no idea, and until now was planning on doing that !!

Big Update - When doing a Craigslist Search for " 4G GSM " came across LG THRILL 4G WITH 3D DISPLAY. IN BRAND NEW CONDITION. UNLOCKED FOR ALL GSM USE. The guy's in my city, is a Simple Mobile Dealer, and said getting a " T-Mobile Andriod " would be the best. so much for thinking about an iPhone...
    Last edited by mikectm2; 04-30-12 at 03:17 PM.
    04-30-12 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD