Hey forum i got my 9860 running 7.1.0.402 and the thing is i don't want EDGE showing on every second. I have a way to get the unlocking code for the engieneering screen but I don't know how to pop it up on my touchscreen or where I can switch off edge.... Anyone knows or have a link to a guide? thanks!!!
    P.S: I know this is advanced stuff but i'll take the risk
    05-07-12 12:37 PM
    05-07-12 01:28 PM
    You don't need the engineering screen, it is under network settings, 3G/H+ only.
    If it is not there, your carrier is blocking that option.
    05-07-12 01:32 PM
    Also, if you are seeing EDGE at all, then chances are that you're in a weak 3G/H+ area. If you were able to turn the 2G off, then you run the chance of the HSPA+ signal getting so weak that you lose phone service altogethter.

I'm just guessing, but if you're on AT&T, they don't want you to lose service when you end up in a 3G-less coverage area. And in some areas of the country, there is still a lot of 2G only. Travel off any major interstate in a rural area just a few miles and see how fast 3G disappears. You may have slow data, but who cares if you have to call someone for help.
    Last edited by joeldf; 05-07-12 at 02:19 PM.
    05-07-12 02:13 PM
    I searched on that thread but couldn't find how to disable 2G i don't mind battery life 2g is very annoying and since my 9860 is unlocked from at&t theres no way to do it from the home screen
    05-07-12 04:24 PM
    From Home Screen:
    Manage Connections ->
    Network and Connections ->
    Mobile Network ->
    Network Mode = 3G/H+
    05-07-12 07:06 PM
    From Home Screen:
    Manage Connections ->
    Network and Connections ->
    Mobile Network ->
    Network Mode = 3G/H+
    I'm not a noob in this matter so thanks for the replies but those indications doesn't work for me since my phone only have 2g/h+ option. But when I loaded 7.1 those options disapeared for some reason ): and the only way i came with was the e-screen
    05-07-12 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD