I am very new to BB and so far love it, what I hate is that if I get e-mails at night (say 3 am) my BB politely wakes me up. Is there any way to filter it so the emails will only download to my BB say from 7 am until 11 pm? Please say there is.
    07-08-08 02:04 AM
    There is the auto off/on feature. go to options then auto on/off and set time. Also you can simply set the profile to silent
    07-08-08 02:05 AM
    Or use the phone only profile. It won't do anything for messages, but will still ring for calls

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 02:06 AM
    I'm not sure there is a way to filter it, but there is something you can do - you can create a new profile that you can put on your phone at night while you sleep. you can turn on the sounds of the things you want to hear (calls, sms texts, etc.) and turn off the ones you dont want to hear (emails)

go to profiles>advanced>bb button(the one with polka dots)>new profile>name it and change the options to what you want.

voila! this helped me when i had the same problem, so i'm glad to pass on the info
    07-08-08 02:08 AM
    to save yourself from trouble, just simply put it in silent. Viola!
    07-08-08 02:14 AM
    If you don't want to miss important phone calls do what the others said and make a new phone profile and set the things you want to be woken up for.

07-08-08 02:22 AM
    Thank you very much! Is it nice to have this kind of support at 12:30 am LOL
    07-08-08 02:22 AM
    That's why you gotta love this site. You have a question at 12:04 in the morning and you get 5 responses in 18 minutes. Not bad at all

07-08-08 05:20 AM
    At night I use the phone only profile. It's nice because we don't have a land line anymore so I won't miss a call because I don't want to be woke up by a junk email.

07-08-08 05:27 AM
    Or use the phone only profile. It won't do anything for messages, but will still ring for calls

this is what I do..very effective BTW....
    07-08-08 05:32 AM
    I use profiles, but a little differently. My BB is normally in its holster during the day, on my belt. I have new message alerts set to vibrate when in the holster, and muted (no alert) when out. The LED still blinks on new message arrivals, of course.

At night, my BB is normally plugged into the charger, and therefore out of the holster. No audible alerts, and a freshly charged battery in the morning
    07-08-08 06:12 AM
    I use the profile Phone Only. It works great!
    07-08-08 07:40 AM
    There are many solutions...

1) Turn your device on Quiet
    2) Use the Phone Only Profile
    3) Use Auto On/Off
    4) Turn off the device manually...

Not too hard, huh?
    07-08-08 07:43 AM
    NUFF SaID I love CB All the info you need is right here, Blackberry should really start showing this sight some respect.
    07-08-08 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD