I do not object to BB OS. Hardware is certainly an issue but my biggest gripe is carrier support and the future of BB in the US.

Apple is supported by all carriers and various Apple stores throughout the US so no issue exists at the moment with the viability of Apple. That said, the same could be said about BB in its day so no manufacturer is exempt.

The fact that you are unwilling or unable to grasp is BB decrease in market share due to lack of carrier support and demand in the US. Do they have a good product ? I say YES. Are carrier support, branding, technical support and simple Q&A available here in the states? I say NO.
    First off you ignore the fact that you complain about your phone being dropped. Its been obsoleted out deal with it. As for support, we have AT&T as our corporate cell services and have no issues with either of our BB droids or OS 10 based phones....none. Verizon will support BB for as long as the phones network with the system. So your entire thread is based on my phone will not be supported so BB is dead. If I had a dollar for all the people that pronounced OS 10 dead as well as BB I would sell my company and relax. As for Sprint and T mobile. These two companies do not support the full spectrum of broadcast's. Your service is based with a dead horse, not the issue with the handset, but with the carrier you went with.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    09-20-16 07:21 AM
    First off you ignore the fact that you complain about your phone being dropped. Its been obsoleted out deal with it. As for support, we have AT&T as our corporate cell services and have no issues with either of our BB droids or OS 10 based phones....none. Verizon will support BB for as long as the phones network with the system. So your entire thread is based on my phone will not be supported so BB is dead. If I had a dollar for all the people that pronounced OS 10 dead as well as BB I would sell my company and relax. As for Sprint and T mobile. These two companies do not support the full spectrum of broadcast's. Your service is based with a dead horse, not the issue with the handset, but with the carrier you went with.

Of course, I totally agree with you, as usual (coincidence or do i do it on purpose?)

And my Passport runs better now than the day i received it.
    What I DON"T understand is what's the horse have to do with it???
    09-20-16 10:50 AM
    Of course, I totally agree with you, as usual (coincidence or do i do it on purpose?)

And my Passport runs better now than the day i received it.
    What I DON"T understand is what's the horse have to do with it???
    Sorry, but I do not

Verizon, while still carrying the PRIV (at a discounted $408) has absolutely NO support - ZERO. No MM, No Security updates since June.

As for AT&T - see this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issue-1086027/

Can't speak for the others...
    09-20-16 10:55 AM
    Sorry, but I do not

Verizon, while still carrying the PRIV (at a discounted $408) has absolutely NO support - ZERO. No MM, No Security updates since June.

As for AT&T - see this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issue-1086027/

Can't speak for the others...
    So AT&T has a system issue? They fixed it after a few days, as well as supporting any phone that will work on their system. The Verizon issue does not mean it is not supported. Lets separate the two issues. One his phone is obsolete, has nothing to do with support. Two the Priv still works fine, just behind the curve. Nothing in your contract that you do sign with a carrier mentions any software updates.

So his complaints or concerns is mute. Carriers support any phone that will use there network, if you call they will try to trouble shoot the issue, what they cannot do is fix a phone that is no longer supported by the handset company or one no longer supported with the phones radio frequency.
    09-20-16 11:17 AM
    That still doesn't explain where the horse comes in!
    09-20-16 11:34 AM
    So AT&T has a system issue? They fixed it after a few days, as well as supporting any phone that will work on their system. The Verizon issue does not mean it is not supported. Lets separate the two issues. One his phone is obsolete, has nothing to do with support. Two the Priv still works fine, just behind the curve. Nothing in your contract that you do sign with a carrier mentions any software updates.

So his complaints or concerns is mute. Carriers support any phone that will use there network, if you call they will try to trouble shoot the issue, what they cannot do is fix a phone that is no longer supported by the handset company or one no longer supported with the phones radio frequency.
    Have you called Verizon Customers service line recently??

AT&T issue still ongoing as of 1215 EST. - they did not fix it. I am not arguing with you just pointing out the facts. Did BB release an overpriced not future spec phone? Yes. Did the carriers agree to support it by selling it? I think so. But one could argue that the carrier support is inherited when you purchase a device - especially if you pay monthly/finance it - but that too could be debated.

A phone that is a year old should not be considered as obsolete. It takes years of R&D and other things to bring a new device to market.

Only takes one board meeting to drop it.
    09-20-16 11:36 AM
    Have you called Verizon Customers service line recently??

AT&T issue still ongoing as of 1215 EST. - they did not fix it. I am not arguing with you just pointing out the facts. Did BB release an overpriced not future spec phone? Yes. Did the carriers agree to support it by selling it? I think so. But one could argue that the carrier support is inherited when you purchase a device - especially if you pay monthly/finance it - but that too could be debated.

A phone that is a year old should not be considered as obsolete. It takes years of R&D and other things to bring a new device to market.

Only takes one board meeting to drop it.
    Nice but not true, his phone is not one year old, but many years old...........Its not a Priv.
    09-20-16 12:05 PM
    Nice but not true, his phone is not one year old, but many years old...........Its not a Priv.
    Then I sincerely apologize. I was under the impression it was a PRIV.

That notwithstanding, I stand by my comments about Carriers
    09-20-16 01:00 PM
    Then I sincerely apologize. I was under the impression it was a PRIV.

That notwithstanding, I stand by my comments about Carriers
    No worries.
    09-20-16 02:18 PM
    Yes, I've experienced at least two bad omens the past three weeks. First, my gorgeous Cobalt Blue Classic gets lost. Then my wonderful white Q10 steps up in its stead. But the past few days, it started freezing, dimming or zooming its screen. Buttons aren't working during mission critical times at work. For the Q10 I will try an upgrade to 10.3.2.2888. And I'm using my beloved Z30 again after losing that Classic. Today I've fired up my old Nexus 4, and I'll see if that BlackBerry Hub+ suite of apps works on Jelly Bean or not. The DTEK50 can't come soon enough, though who knows if Chen will do something crazy, like announce that further design and development of any smartphones has ceased. Who knows? Perhaps Google's October 4th announcement of the Pixel phone has Chen throwing in the towel next week.
    09-24-16 02:14 AM
    Please re-read my OP. No where do I state that I am upset that my phone has been dropped. I state factual information about the state of BB in the US and what the future is for BB. Since my Bold 9930 is at least 4 years old (from memory) and now functioning perfectly for my heavy email/txt'ing needs, I am going to keep it for now until 3G is booted off the networks, which as I posted, is going to be within a year or so. Originally, I thought it time to make the switch permanently to a new device and after investigating BB options, I was discouraged and dismayed - and still am for that matter.

The fact is Sprint and T-Mobile no longer offer BB products. In the US, that leaves AT&T and Verizon. I recently visited the local Verizon corporate store and after inquiring about the BB Priv, the sales agent told me they sold maybe 4 units since the beginning of the year. To be clear, that is NOT 4 per day, nor 4 per week nor 4 per month. That's 4 units since January. To be fair, I visited the local corporate owned AT&T store, and results were a tad better after asking the same question - 6 units since the beginning of the year. Surprisingly, HTC sales were not that good for both stores and Apple and Samsung were split 50/50 on sales. You may ask, for comparison, how many units did each store sell of the Apple and Samsung smartphones. Although they didn't have an exact number, each rep at Verizon and AT&T told me it had to be in the thousands, each.

My love for my past BB devices and BB is unwavering but I have to be realistic about the future of BB in the US when only a few - literally - units are sold by 50% of the carriers still partnering with BB. Execs at Verizon and AT&T might certainly wake up and with such low volume (yes, I am making an assumption that my local store is a fair representative sample of all Verizon and AT&T stores which may or may not be accurate) and go the same route as Sprint and T-Mobile - divorce from BB. Unfortunately, BB device obsolescence here in the states might be inevitable.

So I go back to the title of this thread - BB Dying (If not already dead) in US. RIP BB.
    Last edited by whodathunkit; 09-24-16 at 01:24 PM.
    09-24-16 01:06 PM
    09-24-16 06:00 PM
    For those of you that are convinced that BB10 is DEAD,
    Read the news article from two weeks ago by Bla1ze entitled"

(Not Dead Yet)
    BLACKBERRY 10 MAY LIVE ON IN BB BRANDED HANDSETS
    Humor us. Let's "pretend" that the members don't know more than the company does about their future plans.

JUST KEEP IN MIND THE KEY WORD "MAY."
    Also, don't feel obligated to open another thread to debate this article. You can't debate what may or may not come to be.

And all opinions have been noted and filed under : Personal Opinions, More Personal Opinions,
    And Opinions Containing Unfounded Speculation
    And More Opinions Containing Unfounded Speculation .

( all opinions are those of the opinionated. Any similarity to current affairs are unfounded speculation and purely coincidental.)
    or did they do it on purpose?

(No parties.. responsible or otherwise, shall be held responsible or otherwise for anything posted.......here....
    in this post!)

Personal Disclaimer: I have a note from my doctor
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 10-22-16 at 12:17 AM. Reason: removed questionable material
    10-21-16 02:21 PM
    I've been using a Q10 for over 3 years and sadly am also feeling the need to finally switch to Android as well since I'm tired of not having available apps, especially Lyft if I'm traveling.

I know, I could switch from Sprint and go TMobile to use the Priv, but I don't feel like paying more monthly for my data plan, and then possibly having to keep switching carriers to find the one that will still carry or support BlackBerry handsets 3-4 years down the line. If the new BlackBerry handsets were carried widely, then MAYBE, but I don't see that happening. I would love for them to prove me wrong.

BlackBerry was my first smartphone and I've been carrying some version of their handsets for almost 10 straight years, and I freaking LOVE the typing on the Q10, but it's having issues displaying certain browser pages, and I'm having to reset the phone a little more than usual lately. And again, the lack of apps. People are always amazed when they see me still using a BlackBerry and say, "Oh yeah I loved my Curve!" or whatever. But they're no longer using it, AND they made the switch okay with their new phones.

BB10 is an amazing OS, and I really hate that it never saw the full potential because of BlackBerry's stupid marketing decisions, but I don't want to stubbornly hold onto it without giving the other phones a chance either.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 08:41 AM
    For those of you that are convinced that BB10 is DEAD,
    Read the news article from two weeks ago by Bla1ze entitled"

(Not Dead Yet)
    BLACKBERRY 10 MAY LIVE ON IN BB BRANDED HANDSETS
    Humor us. Let's "pretend" that the members don't know more than the company does about their future plans.

JUST KEEP IN MIND THE KEY WORD "MAY."
    Also, don't feel obligated to open another thread to debate this article. You can't debate what may or may not come to be.

And all opinions have been noted and filed under : Personal Opinions, More Personal Opinions,
    And Opinions Containing Unfounded Speculation
    And More Opinions Containing Unfounded Speculation .

( all opinions are those of the opinionated. Any similarity to current affairs are unfounded speculation and purely coincidental.)
    or did they do it on purpose?

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif

(No parties.. responsible or otherwise, shall be held responsible or otherwise for anything posted.......here....
    in this post!)

Personal Disclaimer: I have a note from my doctor
    First, i would have to hear they are hiring back the people who design the software. That would be my first clue that there may be another BB10 device. Otherwise it wouldn't make a lot of sense to me.
    10-22-16 09:53 AM
    First, i would have to hear they are hiring back the people who design the software. That would be my first clue that there may be another BB10 device. Otherwise it wouldn't make a lot of sense to me.
    Taking my years of helping people with their issues.... One on One,
    The only slight disagreement I'd have "if" I were a disagreeable person, is to reword the last sentence to read:
    Too many members lack the ability to make any sense to me.

I speak in general terms and of course this is just my opinion,
    which asks the question: What's the sense???

oh, and of course, I don't include you in my statement, because I'm not one of those disagreeable kinda people! (ask anyone, really!!)

10-23-16 01:06 AM
    I agree - it is not an issue of what people think. Quite frankly, I could care less. The issue is mainly carrier support and being realistic that BB devices in the US are a thing of the past which means aps, support and all the perks that make a phone a good experience are/will be nonexistent, unfortunately.
    You should have quit just before "I could care less." but you just had to let us know what YOU think.
    So, Quite frankly, now we don't know weather you do care or don't care.
    And at this point, I'm pretty sure No one cares one way or the other.

On the other hand, you may get support from both sides now. in which case, Good move!

Now then....
    Realistic???? I'd ask you to define your idea of Realistic but Reality is a state of mind and in a species that mostly walk around
    in a mindless state you'd be hard pressed to be very convincing.

The point of this reply comes from your statement "Quite frankly, I could care less."
    Well, quite frankly, most of us are here because we DO care what people think.

And the whole idea behind these forums ( which have been generously given to us for FREE) is to HELP each other.
    Sometimes we forget that. And sometime we need to be reminded .

But In the end it is, of course, it's your choice how you want to present yourself.
    10-23-16 03:20 AM
    Taking my years of helping people with their issues.... One on One,
    The only slight disagreement I'd have "if" I were a disagreeable person, is to reword the last sentence to read:
    Too many members lack the ability to make any sense to me.

I speak in general terms and of course this is just my opinion,
    which asks the question: What's the sense???

oh, and of course, I don't include you in my statement, because I'm not one of those disagreeable kinda people! (ask anyone, really!!)

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0269.gif
    I just asked 10 people on Crackberry and they all agreed you were extremely agreeable!

Of course none of us are on the board of BlackBerry and know what they're going to do, but i find it fun to discuss. They could certainly decide to develop BB10 again and i know that would make a lot of people happy. I guess we'll wait and see.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-23-16 07:27 AM
    I just asked 10 people on Crackberry and they all agreed you were extremely agreeable!

Of course none of us are on the board of BlackBerry and know what they're going to do, but i find it fun to discuss. They could certainly decide to develop BB10 again and i know that would make a lot of people happy. I guess we'll wait and see.
    WOW! You sure you didn't ask the same person 10 times???

Looking ahead: The good thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time, and it's amazing how so much can change in only 24 hours.

I find it amazing that we even make it through 24 hours.
    That's why... for me,
    Every day that I wake up to a New Day is reason enough to celebrate. And I celebrate each day to the fullest.
    I don't wait for a holiday for an excuse because you never know when your destination is gonna sneak up behind you and bite you in the butt!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 10-23-16 at 04:21 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-23-16 04:02 PM
    Maybe this recent DDOS hack and the vulnerability of IoT has created a potential opportunity for BlackBerry to step in with some security software options. After all BlackBerry is already involved in trucking security/tracking. I hope John chen and Co are watching.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-23-16 08:18 PM
    Get a q10/classic/passport and kick the can down the road...

Posted via CB10
    to boldly go likes this.
    10-24-16 09:41 AM
    Stay with BlackBerry if you still like it, leave it if you don't. When or if you can no longer use a BlackBerry phone is undetermined. For all the things I find fun about using BlackBerrys, the Q10 is the best one for a carry around phone. If there were no Q10 I would very likely stick to the Bold 9900 for my PHONE, and use the others with the wifi as desired / needed.

For some reason I never wanted to try the Q10, I always wanted something else. I had seriously misunderestimated my now-favorite phone.
    Last edited by to boldly go; 10-29-16 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-29-16 03:45 PM
    If I didn't JUST get a Pixel I'd be getting a DTEK 60!
    10-31-16 09:04 AM
    If I didn't JUST get a Pixel I'd be getting a DTEK 60!
    Well, this isn't a Pixel forum, but I would be very curious to know whether you like that phone. Is it different from the other androids?
    11-03-16 09:55 AM
    Well, this isn't a Pixel forum, but I would be very curious to know whether you like that phone. Is it different from the other androids?
    You know it's funny, I bought the iPhone 7 Plus mainly for the camera, BUT I would say my Pixel's camera is just as good if not better than it! I'm also looking forward to DaydreamVR which is expected in a month or so. I would say it's the best pure android phone on the market right now. I love it!
    IndianTiwari and bakron1 like this.
    11-08-16 02:27 PM
76 1234