i was using my bb messenger normally all of the sudden it turned off, this could be because the battery died. i put the phone back in with it plugged into the charger and the screen that comes when its loading the white bar which loads loads only a little bit then the phone offs again. ive tried a different battery but the same thing keeps happening. can someone help please?
    06-15-11 07:27 PM
    Could the second battery be dead also? I've had the same thing happen to me. Just let it sit and charge for a while brfore you try to turn it on.

Let us know if it works or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    boobiebob likes this.
    06-15-11 07:34 PM
    nope the second battery wasnt dead it was my brothers i took it out his phone and tried it in mines and the same thing was happening. ive kept my battery on charge for about 1 hour now still no change. so i think its the phone. is there anything i could try to make it work?
    06-15-11 07:38 PM
    Try booting into safe mode.

Pull the battery, put it in and hold the escape key while the phone boots

if this works then most likely you have an app that is causing problems. try removing your newest app or apps then reboot and see if it works

if safe mode is a no go, then a reinstall of the operating system is the next thing i would try

boobiebob likes this.
    06-15-11 08:04 PM
    You could try cleaning the bb's contacts with an eraser. If they are black it would not conduct very well with the carbon build up. And to the above quote: how does the op do either when it dies before booting up?

boobiebob likes this.
    06-15-11 08:09 PM
    where is the escape key on the bb:S
    06-15-11 08:11 PM
    The escape key is the key to the right of the track pad.

@ albee
    You could be right. I might have a hardware problem confused with software trouble.

boobiebob likes this.
    06-15-11 08:28 PM
    just tried to on it with safe mode its not working
    06-15-11 08:29 PM
    just tried to on it with safe mode its not working
    Did you try cleaning the battery contacts like albee suggested?

You could also try to plug it into your computer to see if it is recognized

boobiebob likes this.
    06-15-11 08:47 PM
    what do you mean by the batterys contacts?
    06-15-11 08:51 PM
    The copper/gold colored bars on the side of the battery. And there should be an equal number of copper/gold colored prong-like things in the phone's battery well that match up to the metal on the battery. These are the contacts. If these are blackened instead, they need cleaning.
    boobiebob likes this.
    06-15-11 08:55 PM
    what do you mean by the batterys contacts?
    They are three little metal pins where the battery makes contact.

06-15-11 08:56 PM
    oh okay thanks. ive just checked the gold bars are equal there not blackened the phone is relatively new. is there anything else i could try?
    06-15-11 08:57 PM
    I would go with the other things suggested: plug it in to the computer and see if the computer recognizes it. (By the by, can you boot up the phone when it is plugged in and charging? You could also, as suggested, try re-installing the operating system. By the by, it isn't overheated, is it?
    boobiebob likes this.
    06-15-11 09:01 PM
    ive plugged it in the computer and even though the phones off it recognises it,
    06-15-11 09:09 PM
    ive plugged it in the computer and even though the phones off it recognises it,
    That's good news. If it were my phone I would do a complete wipe and reinstall.

Follow these directions:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-302-complete-wipe-and-install-your-blackberry-os

boobiebob likes this.
    06-15-11 09:20 PM
    oh my godddd thankkk youu it workssss.!!!! thank you all and i love you alll!!!!!!!!!
    06-15-11 09:22 PM
    Sounds like dairyberrys suggestion to wipe and reinstall is about the only remaining solution left! Something went sideways! Keep us posted. Best of luck.

06-16-11 08:57 AM
    oh my godddd thankkk youu it workssss.!!!! thank you all and i love you alll!!!!!!!!!
    How did you fix it?
    06-16-11 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD