http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...lag-issue.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...4-reviews.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ag-issues.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...galaxy-s4.html

And what about those that don't use gmail, or have other non-gmail accounts?

This below is my native email app on the GS3. That spinning circle stays on for a good 10-12 seconds, and that's not even counting the lag I experience when all the messages have loaded.
    Thank you Raino for very succinctly and accurately making a point that I was fumbling so bad with. My thumbs are bruised from all that typing! Lol!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 10:21 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...lag-issue.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...4-reviews.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ag-issues.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...galaxy-s4.html

And what about those that don't use gmail, or have other non-gmail accounts?

This below is my native email app on the GS3. That spinning circle stays on for a good 10-12 seconds, and that's not even counting the lag I experience when all the messages have loaded.
    Since we're apparently using "anecdata", here is a users experience with the Q10: How the **** did the Q10 ship?

And here is what email looks like on Android: BB Director: I think BlackBerry is able to survive as a niche company.-gmail-android.jpg

Isn't anecdata fun?
    09-01-13 10:43 PM
    You know what? Just look at Raino's post. He very quickly proved a point that I was fumbling with the English language and typing entirely too much to say, not much. Lol! But no Symbian here, never had that os. I had galaxy tab 2, the 7 inch one. Everyone said it was old and underpowered, so I got galaxy note 10.1. Wasn't any better.

Point of bringing the browser in was that email was so bad, I tried to use webmail, only to be even more frustrated with android when using the browser. And of course ios users would run to chrome. They have the most deficient browser out there. I doubt many if any bb10 users would browse on chrome on their BB10. This browser consistently beats other browsers in tests, in speed, plus it's the real internet. No players popping up to show you embedded vids etc. Just like on your desktop.

Posted via CB10
    Your comments about other browsers are severely misinformed. Here, educate yourself:

Apple iOS 5: HTML5 Developer Scorecard | Blog | Sencha

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...-different-os/

"The Z10's browser holds the line against Chrome in SunSpider, but it falls further behind in all of the other tests—its Kraken speed, in particular, is more than 33 percent slower than either other browser. Both Chrome and the Android browser have had more time to evolve and optimize than has the BlackBerry 10 browser, but these charts don't paint a pretty picture."

Also, regarding video, flash has stopped being developed anymore for mobile, period: Adobe guts mobile Flash player strategy | Ars Technica

You're working from a world view of mobile that is about two years out of date.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-01-13 10:51 PM
    Since we're apparently using "anecdata", here is a users experience with the Q10: How the **** did the Q10 ship?

And here is what email looks like on Android: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmail-for-android.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	197806

Isn't anecdata fun?
    So now we're going from "only Crackberry notices S4 lag" to "it's all 'anecdata'?" Got it.

That Gmail app sure looks nice. Now tell me, how do I access my non-Gmail accounts through it? Apparently you didn't read my last post closely enough, so I'm asking again.
    09-01-13 11:00 PM
    That wasn't me that said "only CrackBerry notices S4 lag". And let's be intelligent adults here - I could find forum threads somewhere to support just about any statement one could possibly make about any device (BB devices included). And you know it. Linking to forum threads really does prove very little - if you like, make a statement about something positive on BB10 and I'll link you to forum threads where people are saying otherwise. It's pointless. And yes, it is anecdata.

Regarding non-gmail email accounts, if you're really interested in a solution, most folks redirect their email through their account: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?hl=en

Alternatively, they use one of the many high quality third-party android mail apps.

It's not a big deal (I've got several email accounts redirected through gmail and you lose none of the power and flexibility in managing email because this scenario is very popular and has been designed with this use-case in mind)
    09-01-13 11:05 PM
    Ok, I'm a very busy person. Which in itself is odd to me. I'm just a retail store manager, and it seems like there should be a lot more people a lot busier than me... But reading a lot of the posts, I start to wonder. Android is a chore. The default email apps (why are there two btw) are just an absolute pain. A pain to navigate, and a pain to do anything within. You get notifications for everything, constantly, all day long, so if I depended on those notifications for communication, ugh. I was afraid I would constantly think I had messages, but turned out it was more along the lines if my messages were just getting lost in the see of all those updates to apps I didn't even know I had. Even back when I had my torch, I just deleted my email accounts on my old android tab because it just didn't work for me. On my newest tab I tried. I really did. Simply because of all the people on these boards that say how much better android is, and that I was judging it based on an old underpowered device. On the new tab, I couldn't tell any difference from the old tab. Honestly, in my opinion, webmail would be better than the out of the box apps. But the browser sucked so bad! So choppy, loaded slow, on the same wifi network that even my pb browser opens quick on, and I'm sure people will deny this, but my pb browser will get to sites faster than my notes did. Do some zippy scrolling and the pb would checkerboard, the note stuttered. Both annoying, but for some reason, the note annoyed me more, but I know that is opinion, and it's tainted with all the frustrations I've had with android. I couldn't stand the typing. Now but got swiftkey free on my first tab, but never saw it free on the new one. Swiftkey made typing so much better, but still sucked. I thought it was because typing on glass instead of physical keys, but I am not having the frustrations on my Z I did on my androids. Oh! And freaking players popping up all the time in the browser!! I click an embedded video, and a freaking player pops up. Hated that!!! And I know I could have installed flash, but everyone on here says android is secure...if you only get apps from play store... and you can't get flash from play store.
    Tried numerous office apps, but could not find one that would do what I wanted it to do. Granted, I didn't want to spend a lot of money.

I was really trying to be fair on the second tab. I mean, I wouldn't go out and spend almost 500 bucks on a tab that I don't plan on using. However fair is a two way street. "Side loading is bad, an average consumer won't do that" well, that meant I wasn't going to root my tab and install a custom rom. "Apps should be free, why does everything cost money on bb?" well, I thought I'd only get free apps then. But couldn't find anything that would work for me that was free. I bought a $5 app for drawing. And a few cheaper office apps, only to be wasting my money on them. I could have spent 15 dollars and got docs to go, assuming it works the same as it does on bb, and that would have worked for me, but that's more money than I've spent on a single app, and I wasn't going to do that in the 'free' app world.

It seemed like everything I did, my constant chant was "there's an easier way to do this!" I'm sure I could have got used to it... well, I don't know, I had my first android tab for almost a year and never got used to it. But in fairness, I wasn't primarily using that. I was still using my PlayBook. And maybe that's the thing, opening up the box powering up, the Android has a learning curve. A big one. People that say it doesn't, well, you've probably been using them for a while, and don't remember what it was like when you first tried one. Android's strength: you can do anything! Weakness: can't do anything easily. On my Z, my pb, heck my old torches, bold, and curves, it was open the box, power on and go. No learning curve. On the Z, it was simply, swipe up to close, swipe right for hub, and it's learned. Heck even my new windows tab was quick and easy once all the updates had loaded. Well I certainly feel like I wrote a lot! That enough for you?

Posted via CB10
    About the only thing I agree with is the stupid 2 email apps..

Everything else seems like we do use the same android..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    09-01-13 11:17 PM
    09-01-13 11:26 PM
    I don't know - is this enough anecdata for you:

How the Nexus 4 Changed My Perception of Android | Android.AppStorm

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean review | The Verge

Seriously, I feel like my IQ is dropping every time I enter this thread. I think I'm going to stop. Bye guys
    anon(832122) likes this.
    09-01-13 11:33 PM
    Your comments about other browsers are severely misinformed. Here, educate yourself:

Apple iOS 5: HTML5 Developer Scorecard | Blog | Sencha

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...-different-os/

"The Z10's browser holds the line against Chrome in SunSpider, but it falls further behind in all of the other tests�its Kraken speed, in particular, is more than 33 percent slower than either other browser. Both Chrome and the Android browser have had more time to evolve and optimize than has the BlackBerry 10 browser, but these charts don't paint a pretty picture."

Also, regarding video, flash has stopped being developed anymore for mobile, period: Adobe guts mobile Flash player strategy | Ars Technica

You're working from a world view of mobile that is about two years out of date.
    Place the two phones side by side. I have. S4, iPhone4s, iPhone 5, note 2, go to a page, any page. First try, yep, the others are a little quicker. Now go in to the Z and turn off flash so it's not loading all that flash stuff that the others aren't. Z will whoop them every time.

And yes, adobe stopped supporting flash *for mobile*. However the real internet, those sites that don't have "m." in front of them? The ones you see on your desktop in full and I see on my phone in full? They still use the heck out of flash. Call it two years old if you like, but all the websites I go to still use it, and I want to see the whole website I visit. Go ahead and enjoy all your little players and your mobile sites that are typically updated after the full site.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 11:41 PM
    What niche? Consumers/businesses aren't purchasing bb products.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    09-01-13 11:56 PM
    All sites said the S4 had lag issues.

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, there's a setting in the Developers tools section that gets rid of any lag.
    09-02-13 03:09 AM
    To be fair, there's a setting in the Developers tools section that gets rid of any lag.
    The setting you are referring to removes window transition animations rather than just instantly closing, it does that minimize effect that people like to see. And it is only a matter of time before someone here claims this as some negative aspect of Android that the setting even exists.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-02-13 10:24 AM
    All sites said the S4 had lag issues.

Posted via CB10
    How long did it take you to surf 'all' those sites? I'm still surfing 'all' the ones that say all Z10s have unexpected reboot issues (see how silly that sounds?)
    09-02-13 10:27 AM
    I imagine a few people would be happy with what blackberry would have to offer as a niche player. It does not bode well for the consumer market who expect applications, cloud services etc.
    09-02-13 10:44 AM
    Actually the tide is turning, HTML dev is really picking up the pace across all platforms now, it's practically just as popular as native apps: http://www.zdnet.com/html5-now-neck-...e019&ttag=e019

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    There is no doubt that HTML5 is going to make the mobile web a little more user-friendly but it will never match the functionality of a good native application. Access to the hardware, push notifications etc. will always mean native applications are the first choice among users.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    09-02-13 10:57 AM
    How long did it take you to surf 'all' those sites? I'm still surfing 'all' the ones that say all Z10s have unexpected reboot issues (see how silly that sounds?)
    That wasn't the topic of discussion

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 11:56 AM
    That wasn't the topic of discussion

Posted via CB10
    Neither was so-called Android lag. Your point?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-02-13 01:36 PM
    The car maker analogy, strained though it may be, is an interesting one. In the mid-1920s over half the cars in the world were Ford Model Ts. Ford had all the advantages of scale, efficiency and low cost. Today Ford has about a 6% market share. Can it survive? What about BMW at around 2% global market share? Does 2% count as a niche company? How about Harley-Davidson? Selling big-engine motorbikes in numbers dwarfed by almost any car manufacturer you've heard of (excluding Tesla, of course!) has to count as a niche in the motorized vehicle market. Can Harley-Davidson survive? If Harley-Davidson partnered with a financial institution for its finance division or sold off its Custom Vehicle Operations or started reporting its merchandise as a separate segment would that prevent anyone from buying a Harley? Would they be doomed? I think all of the concerns above sounds ridiculous but that is the type of thinking that seems to go into discussions about BlackBerry for some reason. Despite the mindless commentary and negative sentiment surrounding the firm, with all of the positives BlackBerrry has going for it things will turn out just fine.
    Harley had a horrible reputation after AMF took over the company and the company went downhill. The bikes were not good and the brand severely tarnished. It was re-aquired by the Davidson family and it took it a long time of great execution to make the name brand nostalgic and desirable again. Their are still many out there that associate Harley with unreliable overpriced bikes, and their are plenty who are willing to pay a premium price, both in the US and overseas, to own a Harley.

BlackBerry has to either re brand the phones, or make the name BlackBerry not the joke that it is now. Either would take time and money to make happen, and would require a huge commitment and flawless execution by BlackBerry to make the turnaround a success. Unfortunately BlackBerry has not shown any hint that are willing to do what is necessary to turn the company around. They seem to be in a bubble where they think the name BlackBerry Is still as good as it was in 2007 and that they can charge more for less. Thorsten has been with the company since 2007, hand picked by Mike and Jim, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:10 PM
193 ... 678