I'd like to start doing my online banking from my BB and I'll be using my wifi connection. Is this safe? The connection is secure, but how is the device protected (firewall?)? I'm a newbie and this thing is my life already
    09-09-09 01:02 PM
    yes its secure...you can enable firewall.....through options...security
    09-10-09 06:06 PM
    Browsers like bolt have everything go through their website first. So everything you send, including bank passwords would pass through bolts website.
    09-17-09 09:02 AM
    The BlackBerry is the most secure device out there...
    09-17-09 09:04 AM
    The BlackBerry is the most secure device out there...
    couldnt have said it better SD
    09-20-09 07:36 PM
    yes its secure...you can enable firewall.....through options...security
    If the firewall is disabled, then how secure is the device over wifi, or the edge network for that matter? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 09:53 PM
    I'd like to start doing my online banking from my BB and I'll be using my wifi connection. Is this safe? The connection is secure, but how is the device protected (firewall?)?
    The connection is safe and secure if you use the stock BlackBerry browser. As DuezPaid said, 3rd party browsers like Bolt, Opera, etc redirect the web pages through a cuisinart server to optimize and sequence the pages for fast loading. Actually the built-in BlackBerry browsers do that too, but I trust the BIS cuisinart.
    09-24-09 12:48 PM
    Thanks. I've tried Opera mini and I actually prefer the BB browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD