I was at a T Mobile today discussing Note 3 Vs BB10 phone...One of the things that rep told me was excellent about Note was that it can tell you based on traffic when to leave work to reach home on time or go for your child's game based off the calender...This is something BlackBerry should give by default...Thats what BlackBerry stands for " productivty "...
    They have the mapping software with traffic info, they have our calenders why can't they build something similar...For teams who Build BB10 this should not be that complicated..Else BB10 developers should build this.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 07:55 PM
    Kind of a pointless feature when you factor in all the variables that can screw this up. Sure it tells you to leave at 4:00pm to get to little Jimmy's soccer game by 4:45pm based on traffic, calendar and so on. Is it also going to tell you about the grandmother driving 46mph in the center lane, or the 5 car pileup that is going to happen 20 minutes after you get under way, or the car that caught fire...
    11-22-13 09:03 PM
    Kind of a pointless feature when you factor in all the variables that can screw this up. Sure it tells you to leave at 4:00pm to get to little Jimmy's soccer game by 4:45pm based on traffic, calendar and so on. Is it also going to tell you about the grandmother driving 46mph in the center lane, or the 5 car pileup that is going to happen 20 minutes after you get under way, or the car that caught fire...
    Just having a general idea of when to leave isn't going to cover those things either, but generally, this feature is a benefit. Like all things, it isn't perfect of course. But that is a far cry from pointless.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-22-13 09:26 PM
    Is that a Google Now function? I'm not familiar with it.
    11-22-13 09:28 PM
    Is that a Google Now function? I'm not familiar with it.
    Yes it is a Google Now feature.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    11-22-13 09:36 PM
    Yes it is a Google Now feature.
    Oh cool.

Yes, Google Now is insanely productive. Fantastic app.
    bp3dots likes this.
    11-22-13 09:52 PM
    Staunch defender of the status quo is at it again.

One thing I've learned is, you can't settle and you can't make excuses if you wanna succeed. BlackBerry maps is a disaster. It's so bare bones (and laggy) it renders it useless. This feature of predicting travel time sounds great. That's innovation. That's working towards something. I'd love to have it. I temporarily work an hour away from my house right now - knowing when to leave to get to work / house by a certain time sounds awesome.

But first, fix that maps app.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 12:22 AM
    Im using Blackberry Maps and its just perfect. No lags, very fast and accurate.
    11-23-13 11:22 AM
    Staunch defender of the status quo is at it again.
    You have some serious reading challenges

1) I said it is KIND OF pointless and cited a few reasons for which it would be. At no point did I say it is ABSOLUTELY pointless or that it had NO use at all.

2) Also nowhere did I make a comparison to BlackBerry Maps.

3) If you cannot exercise proper judgment and need an app to act as an adjunct to substitute for that deficiency that really is your issue. Maybe instead of living "the lifestyle" you might want to start with little things like effective planning. Jesus! "I need an app to know when to leave my house..."
    11-23-13 12:14 PM
    Im using Blackberry Maps and its just perfect. No lags, very fast and accurate.
    I hear you, but it's really, really tough to equate BB Maps with Google NOW.
    11-23-13 12:23 PM