Hey all, I'm not a current BB user but will possibly be getting one (most likely the curve) when I switch from sprint to verizon. I'm a college student, so I like the idea of having email capabilities wherever I am. Only problem is, the current college I attend does not support email forwarding. However I will be transferring in the Fall of 2010 to a college who does support email forwarding. This has raised a few questions.

1) Is there a way to get my current school email even though they do not support email forwarding? Can I do some kind of "pull" email?

2) I have to make a decision soon, so If I get a BB, do you think it would be worth getting but holding off on the email/internet data package until I transfer? I guess I'd have to see if verizon lets you add a data package mid-contract...I don't see why not though.

3) I do a lot of texting of course, so maybe I should just get a good phone with a full QWERTY and then get a good laptop/netbook for internet/email?

It seems to me like I don't really NEED the email and internet capabilities. But it's kinda like driving my Audi with all-wheel-drive. You don't NEED it all the time, but when you do you're glad you have it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

-Matt
    11-16-09 10:57 AM
    Data on a Verizon bberry is required. I don't think you want your emails from school to go to your bberry. Do you want the waterskying booster dinners, and stupid emails you get when in school to go to your device? maybe even make your phone ring in class when you forget to turn on vibrate?

Nowadays blackbeery are required data, so if you don't surf the web or use the email capabilities, maybe the extra 30 per month does not justify you getting a bberry.
    11-16-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD