Hi,

My BB Curve 9300 is having trouble holding a charge. I thought it was the battery, but I got a brand new, BB brand battery, and if anything the issue seems worse.

I plugged the phone in overnight, unplugged it at 5:30 am, and by the time I got to work at 7am, I was down to 80% battery. Another hour, another 10%. It seems to charge up just fine, but the battery is depleting very quickly, without even using the phone, just having it turned on.

I have looked online for solutions and in addition to the new battery, I have tried:
    Updating OS
    Hard reset (taking out battery)
    Closing applications running in the background
    Deleting new 3rd party applications

I'm not sure where to go from here. Is there anything else I can do short of putting the BB under the tire of my car? (That's about where I'm at with this thing at this point!)

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    10-19-12 09:04 AM
    Are you using the OEM wall charge that came with the phone? Also was the Battery an OEM or after market one.
    10-19-12 09:19 AM
    This may sound strange, but have you tried deleting any recent MP3 files? I had a similar experience with my 9790, the thing kept dropping power left right and centre and getting hot to the touch. Despite all the efforts of my carrier and RIM and more than a couple of battery switches nothing was solved. I tried reloading my OS, removing suspect Apps and still nothing. It wasn't until I removed the last MP3 file I had loaded did things start to settle down again. Odd, this was a file I ripped from the CD itself so I know there was no virus or other malware included. I guess the phone didn't appreciate my musical taste.
    10-19-12 10:51 AM