Hey, I've had my blackberry for a couple months and I've been having some problems. I have never been able to receive pins and sometimes I don't receive texts (I've seen people text me while sitting next to them and I still don't receive them) Right now, the hourglass keeps coming up and making everything really slow. I'm not really sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    07-27-08 01:47 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

In order to help you out, we would need to know what your free file memory is
    Options > Status > File Free (tell us what that number is).

Everyone will try their best to help you out.
    07-27-08 01:52 PM
    Check your Options/status/file free. If it's less than 12 000 000 bytes you are low on free memory. Find any non-wap post by me or bmcclure937 or Stoner. We have links to the Stoner procedure in our sigs. That'll help with your memory problem. If it's above 12M, then you may have a provisioning issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Sorry for the dup, ScandaLex!
    07-27-08 01:53 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

This should help with the slow response issues, but I don't think it is the solution to your missing messages.

Are you able to receive any SMS messges? If some work, your device setting are correct. In none work, suspect the setup.

07-27-08 01:59 PM
    The file free right now is 15426108 - so I'm not sure that that's it. Could it be something with T-Mobile? Thanks for your replies!
    07-27-08 02:00 PM
    Are you able to receive any SMS messges? If some work, your device setting are correct. In none work, suspect the setup.
    Yeah, I receive some but not all. I don't receive any PINs though.
    07-27-08 02:03 PM
    Do you have a data plan? Because in order to use BB messenger you must have a data plan
    07-27-08 02:03 PM
    Do you have a data plan? Because in order to use BB messenger you must have a data plan
    Yep, I do. And I can use BB messenger but I just don't receive PINs. I can send a pin to someone and then they can reply and I'll get it but if they try and send me one first I don't get it.
    07-27-08 02:04 PM
    Check your Options/status/file free. If it's less than 12 000 000 bytes you are low on free memory. Find any non-wap post by me or bmcclure937 or Stoner. We have links to the Stoner procedure in our sigs. That'll help with your memory problem. If it's above 12M, then you may have a provisioning issue.

Sorry for the dup, ScandaLex!
    Never an issue.
    Jeff, I have to agree. I think it would be in AMH best interest to have the phone re-provisioned. I thought about it and SMS/voice/data all those things start on the carriers end. Maybe, just maybe a re-provisioning will help.

After you have had that done, please follow Stoner's guide to free up things from your device that just take up precious space.
    07-27-08 02:05 PM
    I wipe my BB curve and lost the spanish language platform..all is in english and need to get that option back..any one can help me??
    07-27-08 02:27 PM
    Jeff, I have to agree. I think it would be in AMH best interest to have the phone re-provisioned. I thought about it and SMS/voice/data all those things start on the carriers end. Maybe, just maybe a re-provisioning will help.
    How do I go about re-provisioning it? Do I just have to call T-Mobile? Thanks for the help everyone!
    07-27-08 02:28 PM
    I performed the wipe handheld option and lost the sapnish language...how can I get it back??
    help..

07-27-08 02:35 PM
    I performed the wipe handheld option and lost the sapnish language...how can I get it back??
    help..

You should be able to plug your BB into your computer and open up DM and reload in through application loader. Just make sure the box is checked for the language support that you desire.
    07-27-08 02:37 PM
    How do I go about re-provisioning it? Do I just have to call T-Mobile? Thanks for the help everyone!

You have 2 ways to go about it:
    • Call TMo and ask them to reprovision your phone (explain the issues you're having)
    • From your Options > Mobile Network > Menu > Start Provisioning
    07-27-08 03:09 PM
    Lex, what does re-provisioning do?

07-27-08 03:12 PM
    You should be able to plug your BB into your computer and open up DM and reload in through application loader. Just make sure the box is checked for the language support that you desire.
    NO...IT DIDN'T WORK...THE OPTION DOESNOT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE THE LANGUAGE SETTING..
    07-27-08 03:24 PM
    NO...IT DIDN'T WORK...THE OPTION DOESNOT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE THE LANGUAGE SETTING..
    Tuto, you're yelling . Also, you might get more help if you start your own thread. It's considered rude to hijack someone else's thread.
    07-27-08 04:14 PM
    Lex, what does re-provisioning do?
    I was wondering the same thing. Is it going to erase everything?
    07-27-08 04:43 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. Is it going to erase everything?
    No, it doesn't erase anything. It just re-enables services that may have stopped working.

Options/advanced options/host routing table/menu/register now

is an easy first step that you can try that doesn't require calling your provider.

07-27-08 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD