Well right now I have a BB curve from sprint and I love it, great phone, but am moving and where am moving to has really weak coverage. I saw Verizon is great there so Just wanted to get some advice if I should do it or not. I don't want to switch to Verizon and kick myself for doing it. Anybody have any thoughts??????? Thanks
    02-17-09 04:13 PM
    Try it first before you cancel/port from Sprint. I did and decided to stay with Sprint. I bought mine from Best Buy and ended up paying nothing for the 2 week trial (now VZW will charge you for the minutes/data you use on the plan). Probably the toughest for you will be the keyboard. I liked the Storm, but I did not think the phone call quality was good enough for me - at least yet. I am waiting until later this year to see how it improves.
    02-17-09 04:19 PM
    I have both. get the storm and wait it out for the official OS update, it'll be worth it. even now its better than the curve but the annoyance factor is way higher
    02-17-09 04:21 PM
    I like the curve 8330/Sprint but I think about the Storm....
    02-17-09 04:23 PM
    The advice to try first with caution is valid. Look before you jump into deep water.

If you're a heavy duty keyboard user you might not like the Storm - the touchscreen is a bit picky and the whole device has "Mk1 issues". You could also compare the CDMA versions of conventional keyboard Blackberry devices.
    02-17-09 04:23 PM
    I just upgraded to the Storm a week ago from the Curve. I never thought I'd get the Storm but the opportunity was there so I went with it. I sure as heck never thought I'd love it as much as I do. The only real issues I've had so far is lagging every once in awhile. The keyboard does take some getting used to.

I would definitely at least try it out.
    02-17-09 05:39 PM
    I went to the storm from the curve and love it! Try it out and if you hate it switch it back and get the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 05:45 PM
    Heavy email/txt/phone user here. I had the chance to try the 9530 and at first the cool factor was there, but then problems, problems problems, i got more frustrated every day with it....... I am now using the curve and it's the best for me, but will it be the best for you.

Also remember every person is different.
    02-17-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD