Hi,

I am with At&T and have a blackberry curve 8310. I have desktop manager on my laptop. I got an email from RIM about a software upgrade to v4.5. I did and was able to get Microsoft word and powerpoint.

The problem I have is I can't open any attachments and now links I previously was able to open by dragging the ball over it doesn't work now because of the download. I was reading that I had to goto application loader in my manager and make sure everything was checked. Now my app loader doesn't work at all. I downloaded v4.5 for desktop manager and that still didn't work. I don't know what else to do.
    03-26-09 01:44 PM
    First lets make sure you have blackberry attachment service on your device. Go to options/advanced options/applications and look to see if blackberry attachment service is in that list. Also since you have done the upgrade to 4.5 lets make sure html is enabled too. Go to messages/options/email settings and enable html there. Also make sure download images automatically is set to yes. Then hit back key and save.
    Now on your pc log into your BIS account here BlackBerry Internet Service and resend service books.
    Now for desktop manager. What exactly happens? Does your pin show up in the lower left of DM when you hook it up?
    03-26-09 01:57 PM
    When I go advanced options and my applications shows up I only see Document To Go no Attachment service. I was trying to see if I had it on my application loader. But when I do check app loader I get( Handheld Application Loader Wizard has encountered a problem and needs to close) this happens everytime. I think the HTML is installed because my email look totally different that what I had previously. I don't HTML in my setting either but I can see attachements in the head of the email, which never happened before.

Where do I see download images?
    My desktop manager loads and does back up and everything but the app loader won't work.
    03-26-09 02:13 PM
    Ok for the email part. Go herehttp://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular ,log in and go to service books then resend. That should enable the html settings in email settings.then do a battery pull on the device. As far as the app loader...do you actually have the new OS for your device installed on this pc? If not you have to download it and install it on your pc. Then reboot the pc. To verify that you have doth desktop manager and the os on your pc. Go to control panel/add remove program and verify that there is at least 2 blackberry entries.
    03-26-09 02:24 PM
    I got the HTML on my email settings, I had to go through my phone. On add/remove programs I have Blackberry Desktop Software 4.5, Blackberry Device Software Updater, and Blackberry v4.2.2 for the 8310 Series Wireless Handheld. Should I update the v4.2.2 to 4.5 and if so where should I go.
    03-26-09 02:31 PM
    Now when I try to read attachments I get (File System Full) does that have to do with my memory
    03-26-09 02:34 PM
    If you have the device OS loaded on your computer as rlp noted, and you keep getting an error with apploader, you might have to remove DM from your PC by using Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs. Then redownload/install DM from the Blackberry site (try 4.6) and try again.
    03-26-09 02:35 PM
    OK so basically it did the update for you and did not install the os on your pc. On your device go to options/about and tell me what version os you have. And xliderider is correct. Uninstall 4.5 desktop manager thruough add remove and get 4.6 with out media manager from blackberry.com.
    03-26-09 02:39 PM
    I don't specifically see OS. But is says v4.5.0.110. I'm going to remove 4.5 and add 4.6 without the media manager.
    03-26-09 02:44 PM
    Ok. here what you do. Go here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    and select your device. Now you can download the OS to your pc. Doesnt matter if its the multi-language one or the east asia one. Once it is downloaded open it up and go through the setup process. Once done with that just close it out and install DM 4.6. I guess technically it doesnt matter which one you install first just have to make sure that both are on the pc. After you have them both on the pc reboot the pc and do a battery pull on the device so we can start clean.
    03-26-09 02:51 PM
    This is the OS your looking for .

Package Version: 4.5.0.152
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.110
    * Software Platform: 2.7.0.90
    * File name: 8310M_PBr4.5.0_rel152_PL2.7.0.90_A4.5.0.110_AT&T.e xe
    * File size: 89.91MB
    03-26-09 02:51 PM
    Thanks so much for your help. I just added the OS for my device and now everything with Desktop Manager is fine. What do I make sure is checked for attachments.
    03-26-09 03:41 PM
    use 4.7 its new working cool
    03-26-09 04:13 PM
    Thanks so much for your help. I just added the OS for my device and now everything with Desktop Manager is fine. What do I make sure is checked for attachments.
    No problem, thats what we are here for. For attachments, while you have app loader open make sure there is a check for blackberry attachment service.
    Yes DM 4.7 does work but its way to buggy and unstable for use with devices other than the storm and bold. Stay with 4.6 and you will be fine.
    03-26-09 04:49 PM
    use 4.7 its new working cool
    You have a Bold, so DM 4.7 works fine for you. The OP has a Curve, so sticking with DM 4.6 is better.
    03-26-09 05:21 PM
    Lol this is a common issue, before you use the Upgrade you were suppose to Delete the XML file from apploader on the computer. 4.5 is not originally released by AT&T. So its considered 3rd party apps. Reload the app with the XML file deleated from the app loader then tell me whats up
    03-26-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD