Unfortunately the time has come to say goodbye to an old friend, my trusty Classic is on life support. No longer holding a charge for more than a few hours, takes forever to charge, will only charge via one particular micro usb cable, and will only charge if said cable is plugged into a laptop.

Asking for any recommendations for a replacement. Used almost exclusively as just a phone/text/music/browsing device, no apps, just enjoy using a sturdy phone with a physical keyboard . Service provider is Verizon Wireless, no alternatives in my area.

From what little research I've tried to do it seems like my choices are limited to another Classic of a Key2 LE, but I also am aware of Verizon stopping coverage of certain devices at the end of the year and am unsure if either of these would be affected?

Thanks in advance for any help
    09-26-19 10:05 PM
    Unfortunately the time has come to say goodbye to an old friend, my trusty Classic is on life support. No longer holding a charge for more than a few hours, takes forever to charge, will only charge via one particular micro usb cable, and will only charge if said cable is plugged into a laptop.

Asking for any recommendations for a replacement. Used almost exclusively as just a phone/text/music/browsing device, no apps, just enjoy using a sturdy phone with a physical keyboard . Service provider is Verizon Wireless, no alternatives in my area.

From what little research I've tried to do it seems like my choices are limited to another Classic of a Key2 LE, but I also am aware of Verizon stopping coverage of certain devices at the end of the year and am unsure if either of these would be affected?

Thanks in advance for any help
    The KEY² LE is your only option. It is the only one certified to work by Verizon on its CDMA-less network.
    09-26-19 10:42 PM
    Same boat here. VZW has become unfriendly to replacement Classics as existing ones suffer attrition. We're migrating our legacy stuff to ATT in effort to extract every last minute of usefulness from these irreplaceable hardwares. Coverage needs still demand VZW for much of our use, tho. We are finding that VZW's effective coverage advantage has been more & more "flaky" with our legacy cdma stuff in recent months. Dual carry, side by side, ATT/VZW is illustrating evaporation of VZW's historic coverage superiority. In our regions, at least.

K2LE is far, FAR cry from a Classic, especially for editing, but currently best alternative to Classic available on VZW, imo. Assuming an LE can be found. Lol.
    09-27-19 05:25 AM
    Same boat here. VZW has become unfriendly to replacement Classics as existing ones suffer attrition. We're migrating our legacy stuff to ATT in effort to extract every last minute of usefulness from these irreplaceable hardwares. Coverage needs still demand VZW for much of our use, tho. We are finding that VZW's effective coverage advantage has been more & more "flaky" with our legacy cdma stuff in recent months. Dual carry, side by side, ATT/VZW is illustrating evaporation of VZW's historic coverage superiority. In our regions, at least.

K2LE is far, FAR cry from a Classic, especially for editing, but currently best alternative to Classic available on VZW, imo. Assuming an LE can be found. Lol.
    How does your VZW LTE only coverage on device like the LE compare with VZW CDMA old coverage with previous hardware from 9900, Classic or KEYone before?
    09-29-19 12:40 PM