Two things....

My BB Calendar has an entry every day for my daily alarm setting. This is NOT helpful, since it means I have to scroll a lot to find my real appointments. Believe me. I can figure out that my daily alarm is on. If I wanted to set different times for my morning alarm on different days it might make sense...but this doesn't appear to be possible either.

How do I make a date _reminder_ on the calendar apart from hourly appointments? I want to be reminded that my wedding anniversary or my friends' birthdays are such and such a date, but not have to be constantly resetting it. I know I can set an alarm, but that's not what I'm looking for...I just want a notation on the calendar that sits there, forever.

any ideas? Or am I just being dumb and overlooking something?
    09-03-12 04:35 PM
    My BB Calendar has an entry every day for my daily alarm setting. This is NOT helpful, since it means I have to scroll a lot to find my real appointments. Believe me. I can figure out that my daily alarm is on. If I wanted to set different times for my morning alarm on different days it might make sense...but this doesn't appear to be possible either.
    Open your Calendar, then menu>options>calendar display and actions>show alarms (uncheck)

How do I make a date _reminder_ on the calendar apart from hourly appointments? I want to be reminded that my wedding anniversary or my friends' birthdays are such and such a date, but not have to be constantly resetting it. I know I can set an alarm, but that's not what I'm looking for...I just want a notation on the calendar that sits there, forever.
    If you have your friends in as contacts, you can enter their birthdays and anniversaries. These should then get added to your calendar. Just make sure you set the proper reminder while saving. The calendar reminder should renew every year.
    DaveTheA likes this.
    09-03-12 04:59 PM
    Yup...I'm dumb, and didn't look thoroughly enough in the menus. Thanks for the guidance...

I should add that still and all, there are reminders I'd like to enter that aren't birthday or anniversary related...it still seems an omission that I can't enter a reminder [ie. pick up drycleaning...drop off library books] that isn't an appointment as such.
    Last edited by DaveTheA; 09-03-12 at 05:25 PM.
    09-03-12 05:22 PM
    Instead of appointments, you can set them as tasks or alarms. Given your disliking for seeing alarms in your calendar, I suggest the former
    09-03-12 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD