Hi every0ne

I just g0t my first BB; a st0rm. I l0ve it except f0r 0ne thing, the calendar functi0n.

I was previ0usly using a palm pil0t f0r my scheduling needs and I am finding the BB calendar functi0n d0es n0t pr0vide the same level 0f functi0nality. I find this a bit hard t0 believe th0ugh, s0 maybe it is just a lack 0f understanding 0n my part. Any help is appreciated because I am fearful 0f bec0ming dis0rganized very quickly if I d0 n0t get this figured 0ut.

Here are my issues with the BB calendar;

1) I d0 n0t appear t0 be able t0 assign categ0ries t0 events
    (in my palm i c0uld assign categ0ries {with ***0ciated c0l0rs} t0 everything. This helped me keep my pers0nal, private business and c0rp0rate stuff seperated and pr0vided al0t 0f value when viewing the screen in m0nth view m0de {it was super easy t0 see if i had a w0rk event 0f a pers0nal event that day because the b0xes were dif c0l0rs). HELP?!?!?

2) I cann0t assign an event t0 a day with0ut assigning a time
    (palm had a 'n0 time' feature which i f0und helpful t0 remind me ab0ut things like f0ll0wing up with cust0mers which d0 n0t have a defined time but must 0ccur 0n a specific day)

3) Can y0u view the calendar 0n y0ur deskt0p using the BB s0ftware?
    (again s0mething I c0uld d0 with the palm which helped immensely when viewing w0rk schedules)

I am als0 curi0us if any 0f y0u kn0w 0f a better ap I can l0ad f0r my calendar which w0uld all0w these features. Inf0rmati0n ab0ut using the palm s0ftware as my primary calendar and synching thr0ugh BB w0uld als0 be helpful. I am a very new BB user s0 this is all a bit c0nfusing t0 me.

Thanks s0 much f0r y0ur help!
    Ech0grrrl
    01-08-09 12:42 PM
    Im really distracted trying to read thru your posts when all the o's are zeros. I cant get thru it.
    01-08-09 12:46 PM
    Same here... better get that keyboard checked out.

There is definitely s0mething wr0ng with it. Arrgh, n0w I'm infected!
    01-08-09 12:54 PM
    hows this?

Hi everyone

I just got my first BB; a storm. I love it except for one thing, the calendar function.

I was previously using a palm pilot for my scheduling needs and I am finding the BB calendar function does not provide the same level of functionality. I find this a bit hard to believe though, so maybe it is just a lack of understanding on my part. Any help is appreciated because I am fearful of becoming disorganized very quickly if I do not get this figured out.

Here are my issues with the BB calendar;

1) I do not appear to be able to assign categories to events
    (in my palm i could assign categories {with ***ociated colors} to everything. This helped me keep my personal, private business and corporate stuff seperated and provided alot of value when viewing the screen in month view mode {it was super easy to see if i had a work event of a personal event that day because the boxes were dif colors). HELP?!?!?

2) I cannot assign an event to a day without assigning a time
    (palm had a 'no time' feature which i found helpful to remind me about things like following up with customers which do not have a defined time but must occur on a specific day)

3) Can you view the calendar on your desktop using the BB software?
    (again something I could do with the palm which helped immensely when viewing work schedules)

I am also curious if any of you know of a better ap I can load for my calendar which would allow these features. Information about using the palm software as my primary calendar and synching through BB would also be helpful. I am a very new BB user so this is all a bit confusing to me.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Echogrrrl
    01-08-09 01:01 PM
    1. You cant assign colors, but you can assign the time as: free, busy, tentitive, and out of office. As well as, at least for me because i have so many emails synced to my bb, you can use an email for each "color" as each email is a different color.
    2. check mark all day event. Will fix this problem.
    3. You cant view the bb calendar via the dm, but you can sync the calendar to amny other programs. Ex: outlook, outlook express, gmail, etc.
    4. Don’t know of a better app myself, but others will.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 01-08-09 at 01:09 PM.
    01-08-09 01:07 PM
    Thank you for fixing the post. I too was having a hard time.

I say look at Pocket Informant. It is not totally fixed for storm, but Alex says it is coming with 1.5

Check all day event and you can have events with no times.

If you would like assistance in the future, you might want to start using o as o's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 01:12 PM
    Thanks f0r the help and advice, i appreciate it.

I have a br0ken keyb0ard 0n my lapt0p. s0rry t0 irritate all 0f u, i was simply l00king f0r assistance.
    01-08-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD