We've had our Curve's for 1 month now and really like them; however, lots of folks at work have iPhones and are always saying snotty stuff like "the iPhone has voice search, does your BlackBerry??"

Any advice on what I can say to these BB bullies to describe how BlackBerry is better than other devices?

Never had this problem with our "dumb" flip phones and curious to know if others are dealing with BB bullies too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 11:10 PM
    i just usually give the finger and challenge them to a typing test
    12-30-08 11:13 PM
    Well, ask them to take a picture in a dark room.... Oh, wait, there's no flash.

Ask them to copy and paste something..... Oh, wait, they can't...

And many more, but start there.
    12-30-08 11:15 PM
    Have them try to copy-and-paste some text :-)

12-30-08 11:15 PM
    Ask them if they can do a Battery Pull

12-30-08 11:17 PM
    I just tell them like it is....

So, can you record video using your camera?
    12-30-08 11:17 PM
    or send a mms
    12-30-08 11:18 PM
    The video recording comment is timely since my wife & I got each other the 8 GB microSD cards for Christmas (crackberry install instructions were a lifesaver)

12-30-08 11:22 PM
    What's a MMS? Still learning all the functions.

12-30-08 11:23 PM
    Multimedia Message!

Sending a Pic or Video or File through text
    12-30-08 11:34 PM
    We've had our Curve's for 1 month now and really like them; however, lots of folks at work have iPhones and are always saying snotty stuff like "the iPhone has voice search, does your BlackBerry??"
    Ask them what it says about the collective iPhone user base when this application is #1 iFart developer makes $40,000 in 2 days | Edible Apple

12-30-08 11:44 PM
    Just so you guys know when jailbroken the iPhone can do all those things well it can't make itself have a flash lol! So I guess you can still run with that one.

I love my curve but darn I miss my jailbroken IPhone.

12-31-08 12:48 AM
    Just so you guys know when jailbroken the iPhone can do all those things well it can't make itself have a flash lol! So I guess you can still run with that one.

I love my curve but darn I miss my jailbroken IPhone.

i had a jailbroken iphone, its just a pain to put all the necessary apps you need to do all that on it. BB come stock doing it, no jailbreaking needed
    12-31-08 12:50 AM
    Be really really nice to them. Like too nice. And smile and nod your head a lot when they speak. That always pi$$es people off.

12-31-08 12:53 AM
    Be really really nice to them. Like too nice. And smile and nod your head a lot when they speak. That always pi$$es people off.

and to add to this, when you talk to them use small words
    12-31-08 12:55 AM

That right there my friend is the best advice here on this thread.

12-31-08 02:02 AM
    I like to tell them how cute their little "consumer" phone is. Then I get back to banging away real emails on my BlackBerry.
    12-31-08 03:14 AM
    How's this: Tell them they use what they prefer and you use what
    you prefer. I will never understand this completely asinine BB vs
    IPhone BS. They are PHONES. Some like one, some like the other.
    And there are those (as odd as it may seem) who like and really
    appreciate both devices.

A thread devoted to convincing IPhone users the BB is a better
    PHONE. Why?
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-31-08 at 04:37 AM.
    12-31-08 04:33 AM
    How's this: Tell them they use what they prefer and you use what
    you prefer. I will never understand this completely asinine BB vs
    IPhone BS. They are PHONES. Some like one, some like the other.
    And there are those (as odd as it may seem) who like and really
    appreciate both devices.

A thread devoted to convincing IPhone users the BB is a better
    PHONE. Why?
    Can't we all just get along? Seriously, I would be surprised if anyone did actually get truly upset about phone vs phone arguments .. or CDMA vs GSM arguments .. or carrier vs carrier arguments ...

But look, there's a lot of people who have been lugging around PDA and phones and then PDA phones for a long time now, Blackberry being the most prominent ones. Maybe people do get a little upset at the Johnny-come-lately Apple people who have burst upon the PDA phone scene like it's something new and exclusive to only those who shop at the Apple Store. The OP has a right to be a little annoyed at people who brandish their phones like some kind of status or fashion symbol simply because it's silver and glass and comes with a bunch of high-color icons. The blackberry world isn't about this, and never has been, it's been about work ... specifically getting it done. Yeah, you can easily say "don't push your phone on others", but that's a really trite statement when it's not the BB people flashing their phone bling in other people's faces when those they're looking down their silver-fashion phone noses at those who have a different mission in mind for their phone.

Personally I'm not impressed with a pocket home entertainment system that all I can use it for is to alleviate sudden boredom. I am impressed with an enterprise-class pocket office that lets me be anywhere and still get work done. But you don't see me going "DOES YOUR PHONE DO THIS?!?!" to everyone carrying a simple cell phone.
    12-31-08 07:58 AM
    I might be wrong with my thoughts but here goes. I personally see a media device thats capable of emailing and a business email based device that can do media. I dont compare them since they are two different devices ...to me anyways...if that dont work ask them to play whoshambo with you and you go first...lol
    12-31-08 08:10 AM
    All great insights. It is tough being the odd phone out at work and I've been taking the "different strokes for different folks" mindset. The high road is starting to calm the waters but its a long road ahead.

Again, I was genuinely surprised at the comments from co-workers and all because of a personal choice of getting a BB...which I still stand behind.

12-31-08 08:23 AM
    Get a dummy Iphone off ebay and lay it on your desk. When they come walkin by pick it up and pretend....that should make them happy...
    12-31-08 08:26 AM
    LOL that's too funny.

I must say this is like cliques in high school all over again.

12-31-08 08:35 AM
    Haha...yea I'm childish. But its all in good fun. I never tell anyone my phone is better than yours seriously though. I just happen to prefer blackberry, it does what I want it to do and a little more. I used to be a treo user back in the day...and back then I went from sd card capability and mp3 with camera to a 77xx(big screen). Abused the heck out of it and never looked back.
    12-31-08 08:40 AM
    I like the iPhone and the concept behind it, but the immaturity of it's user base just sucks. I think it's like the Members Only jacket from the 80s.

As far as googling via voice... go get Vlingo and dictate them an email as well as search via voice (it's free).
    12-31-08 09:04 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD