It's going to take time but as more and more people see the new phones the better it will get for BlackBerry. Change doesn't happen over night.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-02-13 11:19 AM
    LOL! I was a Mary Ann fan from the start! ;-)

I think the "????" you're looking for in "Mary Ann = ????" is stable. Or productive. Or reliable. Take your pick.
    Boring. I'll take Ginger. It's only for two years. It's a phone kids, not a marriage.
    08-02-13 11:28 AM
    Boring. I'll take Ginger. It's only for two years. It's a phone kids, not a marriage.
    I'll take either....... unless we're really talking about phones. :-)
    08-02-13 11:32 AM
    It's going to take time but as more and more people see the new phones the better it will get for BlackBerry. Change doesn't happen over night.
    Time is the one thing BlackBerry does not have on it's side.
    08-02-13 11:49 AM
    Due to time constraints, blackberry is forced to focus towards a niche market, which is new to them given the fact they were leaders in the mobile devices industry at one point. As a result, they have cut work force and are more selective/tentative of their target markets. I really can't say their faith right now. As they know what it takes to be # 1, they were clearly swept off their feet vs Apple and finding it tough to climb their way back up. In my honest opinion, they're competing for 3rd place.

Posted with my Z10
    Last edited by Eric Russo; 08-02-13 at 12:47 PM.
    08-02-13 12:01 PM
    I agree, a lot of people I know say the z10 is their next phone.

I'm seeing a lot of q10s in Ottawa. It's about 50/50 with z10. I'm seeing about 3-4 a day now.

Posted via CB10
    Stop staring at my Zed Ten!

On the bus I'm seeing more legacy bbs than bb10. A small handful of z10s but only one Queue Ten so far.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:09 PM
    Posted without comment:

Isn't the phone he's holding up a not-very-new-model BlackBerry? "Oh, yeah," he concedes with a rueful grin. "I'm still with the dinosaurs. I gotta get an iPhone. But the difference between a luddite and a tech geek at this point is, like, six months."
    Matt Damon: where did it all go right for the leftwing activist, devoted dad and intelligent action star? | Film | The Guardian
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-02-13 03:43 PM
    08-02-13 05:08 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...canada-835008/

Check out the second picture. Clearly BB is going for the hip/couture demo.
    08-02-13 05:10 PM
    Agree on all counts.
    08-03-13 04:44 AM
    "Ginger" is willing to do a lot more things that "Mary Ann" just won't, or can't do. Ginger can also get into the newest clubs and all the popular hotspots. You can't take Mary Ann because for whatever reason they won't let her in at a lot of those places. You can get her some fake id and makeup which gets in certain clubs, but it doesn't work reliably and is kind of a hassle.

And besides, the relationship only for two years, and afterwards you can get an even hotter Ginger.
    08-03-13 06:37 AM
    "Ginger" is willing to do a lot more things that "Mary Ann" just won't, or can't do. Ginger can also get into the newest clubs and all the popular hotspots. You can't take Mary Ann because for whatever reason they won't let her in at a lot of those places. You can get her some fake id and makeup which gets in certain clubs, but it doesn't work reliably and is kind of a hassle.

And besides, the relationship only for two years, and afterwards you can get an even hotter Ginger.
    Unless you're judging it clearly on looks. BB is substance and style! (Coming from a "Mary Ann/Business" in the streets, "Ginger/Personal" in the sheets!) ;-)
    theRock1975 and Bolderholder like this.
    08-03-13 02:20 PM
    Cooler? Not here in the states! Fashion and blind brand loyalty is at a fever pitch. If you wear 2-3 year old jeans or tshirt you are considered out of step. IPhone had it but Samsung is now the newest, hippest phone to have.

Ppl like them because they still think iphones are too expensive and a bit passe. Also, they are confident in the reviews, marketing and screen size!

Go BB!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 02:53 PM
    Is anyone sensing a change in sentiment about BB from your friends and colleagues? When you mention the BB phones now, people don't laugh anymore.

I have a friend that is an Apple die hard and always liked to make fun of BB's whenever he saw one. I was with him the other day and another friend of ours came by for lunch with a new Q10. He said "that actually looks decent", the first positive BB comment he's made in years.

I have a 20-something female cousin that used to use BB's but switched to iPhone. She just told me today that more of her friends are getting Z10's when it's time for their contract renewal, and she said the Z10 looks and feels great and she wants to get one in a few months when it's time for her upgrade. Even her brother, who uses Androids, grudgingly admitted that the new BB phones are interesting.

I think the more that these phones get into the hands of family, friends, and colleagues, the more people will realize how good they are. The best marketing is viral.
    I've been showing off the 10.2 and it has impressed a lot of people. I think she stigma is hard to overcome at first. I'm showing this 10.2.1047 off at a party tonight. The actionable notifications and the lock screen preview is sure to impress.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-03-13 02:59 PM
    Stop staring at my Zed Ten!

On the bus I'm seeing more legacy bbs than bb10. A small handful of z10s but only one Queue Ten so far.

Posted via CB10
    Agree
    08-03-13 04:22 PM
    Hi there,

Never really felt uncool, now that all the kids have moved away from BBM, I have never felt cooler.

People still stop and ask about my new Bold 9900, they just can't believe how fast the phone communication is on native primary apps such as calls, text, email and calendar and how many customisation and short cut options are available

If BlackBerry upgraded the Bold 9930/9900 to new Q10 look software like the 9720 then I would get one right away. There is still a huge customer base crying out for an upgraded 7.1 handset with a 3.1 screen and 1500ah battery as standard, it's a shame that BlackBerry just can't see it!

X
    08-03-13 04:32 PM
    There is still a huge customer base crying out for an upgraded 7.1 handset with a 3.1 screen and 1500ah battery as standard, it's a shame that BlackBerry just can't see it!

X
    There is no 'huge customer base' waiting for such a return to the archaic past.
    There's no such thing as an 'upgraded 7.1 handset'. BBOS does not support multicore, you've already got a 1.4Ghz single core CPU in the 99xx series.
    A return to OS7 and the spinning hourglasses, laggy performance and subpar battery life would be really daft.
    JeepBB and TgeekB like this.
    08-03-13 04:51 PM
    I do feel that blackberry is becoming the new samsung. Just the samsung was the "cool" thing to buy to stick it to apple and not be apart of "the man" and be different, now that samsung is almost exactly how apple was it feels like blackberry is becoming the cool manufacture. They have a certain centiment like apple does too because there's not a million different manufacturers with a million different brands of the phone it's one company building a solid line of phone.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung is doing hard sell in India. A colleague of mine who is there now has switched from BlackBerry to Samsung. This was due to trade in offer of BlackBerry phones for a Note2. I found the Note2 a good unit but then except for a few convenient abilities ( you can use the stylus to mark portion of something you are reading and send only that by email!) found it quite large for the palm. Not a phone rather more of a tablet. I have at least five users of Samsung who have had cracked screens. The cracks have happened due to a simple knock of the phone against hard substance when holding the unit in your hand to a bad fall from a few feet above. The phones do look nice but then are fragile too.

Blackberry has not embarked on serious marketing efforts. That is the sad part. They need to push marketing efforts.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 07:45 PM
    Getting traction takes time, same happened with Samsung Galaxy series versus Apple.

CB10 - Q10
    jupiter8 and DS1331 like this.
    08-03-13 10:27 PM
    Is anyone sensing a change in sentiment about BB from your friends and colleagues? When you mention the BB phones now, people don't laugh anymore.

I have a friend that is an Apple die hard and always liked to make fun of BB's whenever he saw one. I was with him the other day and another friend of ours came by for lunch with a new Q10. He said "that actually looks decent", the first positive BB comment he's made in years.

I have a 20-something female cousin that used to use BB's but switched to iPhone. She just told me today that more of her friends are getting Z10's when it's time for their contract renewal, and she said the Z10 looks and feels great and she wants to get one in a few months when it's time for her upgrade. Even her brother, who uses Androids, grudgingly admitted that the new BB phones are interesting.

I think the more that these phones get into the hands of family, friends, and colleagues, the more people will realize how good they are. The best marketing is viral.
    People like to front(pretend) they don't like my Z in front of others. But, when they come in my office it's "can I see it?" Happens all the time. But, that is what's sad. The Z is a cool BlackBerry and I have no regrets buying it. I just think it's amusing when ppl don't want to acknowledge that they really are interested.
    08-03-13 11:58 PM
    If all of those "my friends are rushing out to get a Z10" stories were true then the sales we are seeing wouldn't be... Have some of you considered that some of those people are just being polite because you are all coming on a bit strong?
    JeepBB and H_O_Boomaye like this.
    08-04-13 04:08 AM
    If all of those "my friends are rushing out to get a Z10" stories were true then the sales we are seeing wouldn't be... Have some of you considered that some of those people are just being polite because you are all coming on a bit strong?
    They want to put an end to an already awkward situation.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-04-13 05:00 AM
    Blackberry should get Snowden for a commercial.

CB10 - Q10
    suprmanx7 likes this.
    08-04-13 06:57 AM
    ^^^^Yep^^^^
    08-04-13 07:36 AM
    Hi there,

Never really felt uncool, now that all the kids have moved away from BBM, I have never felt cooler.

People still stop and ask about my new Bold 9900, they just can't believe how fast the phone communication is on native primary apps such as calls, text, email and calendar and how many customisation and short cut options are available

If BlackBerry upgraded the Bold 9930/9900 to new Q10 look software like the 9720 then I would get one right away. There is still a huge customer base crying out for an upgraded 7.1 handset with a 3.1 screen and 1500ah battery as standard, it's a shame that BlackBerry just can't see it!

X
    You have people coming up to you who have Galaxy's, iPhones, Notes, etc. and think the 9900 is cool? Where do you live?
    08-04-13 09:07 AM
90 1234