Hi,

Not sure how to ask this so in turn didn't know how to search before asking.

Since my Bold has WiFi and can connect to my router, can I add the media card a drive in my network so I can drag and drop files to it? Seems plausible but is it possible. Basically, can I go to the media card in my BB and share it like I would to drive on my PC? Couldn't find that option while exploring the card in my BB.

Thanks,
    Congo
    02-07-09 06:05 AM
    I think you have to connect to a PC and the media card folder is available just to that PC, not the entire network.

You should be able to set Mass Storage Mode to "Yes" or "Prompt" on the BlackBerry, and when you connect to the PC the media card becomes another available drive.

I don't know the Bold menu, but on the Curve it's Options > Media Card, Mass Storage Mode Support=On, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected=Yes or Prompt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 08:05 AM
    Hi jbeachy,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have the mass storage working when connected via USB to my PC but I thought it would be neat if I could access the mass storage though my wireless network.

Congo
    02-07-09 08:09 AM
    Great idea, no solution that I'm aware of. But� I wonder if, once connected to the PC, you could map a drive to it and create an exported share that's visible to other devices on the network? Just did a little search and didn't find anything in CB about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 08:14 AM
    Ya, that might be neat as well but I'm really looking to eliminate the need to have to A) connect via USB or B) connect via Bluetooth.

USB only takes a second but, hey, I'm lazy
    02-07-09 08:18 AM
    It would be interesting to the have the framework in place to access networked drives from the BB. We have about 5,000 songs on a networked drive (so I can listen to music on the PC, laptop, daughter's laptop...), plus about 50 movies ripped. It would be nice to have access to all that whenever I'm in the house.
    02-07-09 08:36 AM
    It would be interesting to the have the framework in place to access networked drives from the BB. We have about 5,000 songs on a networked drive (so I can listen to music on the PC, laptop, daughter's laptop...), plus about 50 movies ripped. It would be nice to have access to all that whenever I'm in the house.
    Has an app for this ever come out?
    This is exactly what I've been wanting to do!!
    05-06-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD