I just had my verizon service shut off on all 4 of my cell phones, but curious if there is a way for me to get wifi w-out data package, I have read other forums w-descriptions of "hot spot" which i have changed my setting to, and still no internet luck.. ANY ADICE?
    11-01-10 02:54 PM
    Verizon has that pretty much locked down, I think it's a service book-based issue. The only thing I can think of that would possibly allow you to get the browser to work would be to turn off the network connection in your Connections menu but leave Wi-Fi on. Even then, you'd most likely only have very limited functions, i.e. browser and *maybe* 3rd-party apps with wifi-only options like Pandora or Bolt. GPS might still work as well since the 9650 uses an A-GPS chip.

Can't be sure though, never been in your situation.
    11-01-10 06:01 PM
    From what I've heard a BB without a data plan is totally fubar. Alarm clock might work. No wifi tho. At least I think. I've never tried it, just heard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 06:57 PM
    I have an old Storm 2 thats not activated in any way and I can use the internet through the hotspot option. The only program that doesn't work is Google maps. BB app world even works.
    11-01-10 07:11 PM
    I turned my radio off, and left WiFi on, and I'm able to access data, but I'm on Sprint. I think it should work in theory, regardless.
    11-02-10 11:21 AM
    I got BBM and browser to work without network service.
    11-02-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD