I recently got a Bold 9000 for collection purposes but started to get interested in using it. I searched around the net to see how I could download applications on my Bold 9000. All my searches lead to Blackberry World App. I have already updated my software to OS 5 and installed the blackberry world app thru the DM but I cant seem to see the world app on my menu. Is there any other way I could download apps onto my Blackberry? Thanks for the help!
    05-06-19 12:10 PM
    Is there any other way I could download apps onto my Blackberry? Thanks for the help!
    There is not really any app stores that you can utilize, but you can always install the .jar/.jad files that are available or any .alx app files. Problem is, those are few and far between as well unless you know what you're specifically looking for plus, those apps are obviously old and may no longer work.
    Herowell21 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-06-19 12:52 PM
    One page you might visit is The Bold Explorer

BlackBerry World ended any paid apps so you won't find those anymore. If BBW isn't opening for you, should be able to reinstall or update it. If you can find the files.
    Herowell21 likes this.
    05-06-19 01:10 PM
    I tried installing .jar/.jad files onto my memory card and installing it on the BB, it can't seem to read the file. Im not sure if the files are opted for the Blackberry OS 5?
    05-06-19 07:28 PM
    I already have the alx file for the BBW, and I installed it using the DM, but it's not listed in the menu screen?
    05-06-19 07:29 PM
    Tried downloading some .jar/.jad files, it installed but I was unable to play it. Any suggestions for specific apps and games? Thank you!
    05-06-19 11:56 PM
    Tried downloading some .jar/.jad files, it installed but I was unable to play it. Any suggestions for specific apps and games? Thank you!
    Like I said, most of those old apps are hit or miss. You're dealing with stuff that is ancient in technology years.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-08-19 01:25 AM