Hi, I'm Nuprin's BlackBerry Bold and I've recently noticed that Nuprin, being an *****, can't figure out how to connect me to his home WiFi network. I just want to connect to a Wi-Fi network! I feel lonely!

This is what he's doing:
    --manage connections
    --Turn Wi-Fi to green "on"
    --go to Set up wi-fi network
    --go to Next
    then, he's tried several options:
    Option 1: Scan for Networks
    --I scan for the networks and correctly identify the many Wi-Fi networks available, the first one always being the his home network, with the security as "WPA-Personal"
    --He clicks that network and i ask "Do you wish to perform WPS setup?" and he says "yes"
    --I then give him the pin that's good for five minutes and I tell him "Add this PIN to your wireless access point: xxxxxxxx". I even provide a 5-min timer.

the problem is: HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THAT PIN! Can someone please help this poor idiot?

Option 2: Manually Add Network
    --He typed in the correct Network Name (SSID), then clicked "add"
    --He then tries to choose the correct "security type", BUT THERE IS NO WPA AS AN OPTION. he's tried both "pre-shared key (PSK) as well as WEP" but not luck.

Both those options resulted in "failed" to connect.

Again, can someone please help this poor idiot?

Thanks,

Nuprin's BB Bold.
    04-02-09 12:09 AM
    i was also wondering. my parents home network told me to do the same thing, where mine at my house simply ask for my password. both networks are setup the same where they just need to know the password to gain access to the network. my nokia N810 prompted me for the password while i was there but the BB asked me to add the PIN thing.
    04-06-09 12:33 AM
    i figured it out. just select no when it asks you to do the WPS setup. it will then ask you for the password for the network and you will be connected. lol it was that simple. i still dont know why it asked me to set up the WPS thing, no other network asked me to do that. but just say no and connect.
    04-14-09 02:04 AM
    the wps setup would have to be entered through your router by pushing a button on it or invoking in some way to bypass ur network key. Hit no on wps setup option and then punch in key is easier than digging though your router to get to that pin setting
    05-01-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD