I own a small business and all my salespeople have Blackberrys because of what I feel is best-in-class e-mail and keyboards. I had a few salespeople that used iPhones and Androids, but due to the spelling and grammar mistakes they were making because of the touchscreen keyboards (I randomly check their e-mails to ensure quality) when communicating with clients, I banned non-BB devices.

Just wanted to mention that as an intro!

The main point of this post was this article I saw today:
    Why the NSA leak may boost Blackberry (and force us to move to Canada) | TG Daily

Seems that the recent incident could be positive for the company. I'm thinking of buying some stock, so I've been researching the company (which is how I also came across this forum).
    j21jam6 and xiaohuaxing like this.
    06-13-13 05:23 PM
    Very interesting article.

You'll find many people here that will agree.
    06-13-13 06:45 PM
    Very Solid information, specifically the part where it says that Only management software approved by DOD to secure is BlackBerry's....BES10 and Cash on balance sheet pay for the entire stock price of BBRY..

Thanks for sharing

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:52 PM
    This isn't a point of differentiation, since:

1) It's likely that BB is handing over info as well (even if it hasn't been explicitly called out)
    2) BB has handed over information in the past to other governments who demanded back doors into BBM and similar services in India, Saudi Arabia and the UAE
    06-13-13 10:12 PM
    I think BlackBerry does have a greater respect for privacy compared to most other companies

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:27 AM
    I think BlackBerry does have a greater respect for privacy compared to most other companies

Posted via CB10
    They do, but they really don't have a choice to not give the info away, if the government demands it. The government could ban the device in the states (people have been quoted as saying) if BBRY doesn't comply
    06-14-13 01:40 AM
    Doubt it, while they might be the best in corporate security, as an above poster said, they are still going to be in compliance with imposed regulations.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:46 AM
    Doubt it, while they might be the best in corporate security, as an above poster said, they are still going to be in compliance with imposed regulations.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but that's a moot points since governments aren't the only ones "hacking". My point is, if BB has the best security, then their communication data is more secure from unauthorized non-state access as well (think corporate espionage for instance). That is probably more of a concern for large businesses, law firms, investment banks, SEC, Dept. of Energy, and the list goes on and on..
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    06-14-13 12:10 PM
    I think security is far more paramount than flicking pissed-off winged vertebrates across a screen. I think that if BB is clearly heads and shoulders above the rest in terms of security, why would organizations risk not using their devices? Wouldn't they be liable for data breaches by shareholders and stakeholders if they say "sorry guys, we swapped our BB's for Androids and got snooped on".
    06-14-13 12:14 PM