Just had to cancel the internet on my BB pearl so I was wondering if there is a way for me to remove the browser and BBM apps from the phone. Im running Desktop Manager V4.5 and when I go to the Add/Remove Apps portion it doesnt even show any of the apps I have on the phone. Basically, I am just frustrated because my phone seems to freeze when doing simple things like playing brick breaker and i believe it is because I have too many apps running.
    Any insight into how to fix my problem or any general advice you would give to a newcommer as to updating software or removing apps would be appreciated because I havent changed a single thing on the phone since I purchased it.

Thanks!
    08-04-09 02:17 PM
    You can't remove the browser. But assuming you aren't actively loading pages that shouldn't make a difference anyways.

BBM you can remove. That should show up in the DM. If you want, you can try removing it using CrackUtil from this site. Again though, likely this isn't doing anything if you aren't really connected and talking to people anyways.
    08-04-09 02:24 PM
    If you want to delete BBM and BB Browser, go to:

System/Settings>Options>Advanced Options>Applications

Highlight BlackBerry Messenger (or Browser), click the BB Button (Menu) and choose "Delete".
    08-04-09 02:25 PM
    Really the only problem that i am trying to fix is the black berry freezing when doing simple tasks like playing music or playing brick breaker. I just assumed it was because the BB was using to much active memory on other programs that are running but not being used so that is why I wanted to delete those programs from the device.
    08-04-09 02:40 PM
    you can delete bbm but idk about browser. you can either delete bbm through DM or through your phone in options
    08-04-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD