BB and Android and TMobile's 600 megahertz band.

https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-c...tion-spectrum/

What I want to know is, would the KEYone be able to utilize TMobile's 600 megahertz band that TMobile bought through the auction?

I looked up KEYone's specs and wasn't able to identify anything resembling 600 mh, but I'm not an expert on such matters.

From the article; "The spectrum, a range of radio frequencies used to transmit sound, data and video to TVs or phones, is critical for any company looking to augment or build out their wireless service. This auction sold spectrum in the 600 megahertz band, a low-frequency type that is optimal for covering great distances and giving you better indoor coverage. T-Mobile has already vowed to put this spectrum to use this year."
    04-14-17 06:26 AM
    As far as I can see, there is actually no 600 MHz LTE band defined at present. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_frequency_bands

A comment here (T-Mobile Just Picked Up the 600MHz "Spectrum Mother Lode" to Bring Their Network Everywhere | Droid Life) says:
    "hhmm...according to DSLReports.com 'The spectrum itself won't be immediately usable. The FCC says the agency is now beginning a 39-month transition period to move broadcast stations to new channel assignments before that spectrum is put to use -- most notably on expanding the range of existing networks thanks to the 600 MHz band capability of penetrating through walls (aka: indoors).'
    so I'm not sure what TMo is talking about"

So it would appear that the answer is no, you won't be able to use it with KEYone, or any other phone, for quite some more time.
    EndRacism likes this.
    04-14-17 06:40 AM
    So it would appear that the answer is no, you won't be able to use it with KEYone, or any other phone, for quite some more time.
    To expand on that, Qualcomm is working on a new modem to release probably around end of year which will have support for 600MHz. So for a phone to support it, you'll need...whatever the successor to the KEYone is, or the iPhone 8, or the Galaxy S9... etc.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    04-14-17 07:17 AM
    Read the Android Central post on this. Discusses and answers all your questions.
    04-14-17 10:34 AM