hi there,

just curious: if there was one thing you could change about the standard BlackBerry Address Book to make it better, what would it be?

thanks...
    06-19-09 12:15 AM
    Having the ability for multiple addy books. ie business, personal, marketing, etc etc etc
    06-19-09 12:30 AM
    The ability to search/filter messages by phone number. It works great in the "Find:" search box in the address book for First Name, Last Name, and Company. Wish it could do the same for additional fields, as well as phone numbers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 06:20 AM
    Having the ability for multiple addy books. ie business, personal, marketing, etc etc etc
    There is a very ugly way to do this, but it does work lol. Involves a BES however. You could just use the Filters and label each in the mean time
    06-19-09 06:22 AM
    I ahve seen several requests to be able to change the order that information shows up when viewing the contact itself. ie: If I have someone's work phone number programmed in, and add their home phone number, the first number to show at the top of the list in the contact is still the work number, even though I might prefer to use the home number as "default".

Not something that concerns me personally, but something I hav been asked about repeatedly nonetheless.
    06-19-09 06:27 AM
    I would like to have more email address slots. Two is just not enough (Curve 8330, not sure if the addy book is different between models)
    06-19-09 06:33 AM
    you can add a third. Menu > Add Email
    06-19-09 06:43 AM
    If you need to add other e-mail addys other than the 3 primaries. Go to Menu>Edit and scroll down to the Notes section. You can add additional e-mails there, and when you pull up a contact in your addy book, scroll to the additional address and select what you need.

While not being as handy as the pop-up e-mail addys, you can still get down to biz.

06-19-09 07:39 AM
    unless you work for a large company and gotta have everyones info this is pretty pointless. You be better off adding filters to each contact.
    06-19-09 12:17 PM
    The ability to add my own categories. Business and Personal just aren't good enough.
    06-19-09 12:22 PM
    The ability to search/filter messages by phone number. It works great in the "Find:" search box in the address book for First Name, Last Name, and Company. Wish it could do the same for additional fields, as well as phone numbers.

our app (currently in beta) allows searching address book by email. not sure if phone numbers would be that useful to people to be honest. what other fields though would you want to search by in addition to last, first, company and email.
    06-19-09 03:55 PM
    The ability to add my own categories. Business and Personal just aren't good enough.
    You can add categories (at least I can on my Bold) in the current contacts app. When you are at the screen to select a category for a contact use the menu button to bring up a menu which includes a 'new' option.
    06-20-09 05:30 AM
    our app (currently in beta) allows searching address book by email. not sure if phone numbers would be that useful to people to be honest. what other fields though would you want to search by in addition to last, first, company and email.
    Being able to search by City state street or zip code would be very helpful.
    Agendus for Palm was a great Address book upgrade and had many features i miss on my BB. The Agendus for BB is pale in comparison to the Palm version.
    Good Luck on it.
    06-20-09 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD