Soo...I've owned a number of different phones, Sybmian Phones, Iphones, WM Phones. Recently my samsung phone broke and my aunt was kind enough to give me her old BB Curve 8310. I unlocked it from ATT and put my t-mobile card in it and have been using it for about 2 months now. I first loathed the phone to death. Its big, clunky, and it just feels outdated and slow, but more recently, I've started to feel a little bit of attachment to it. What is this weird feeling?

And now comes the real question. Should I buy a BB curve 8520? They look nice and are quite affordable. My only gripe, is surfing the net on a BB seems slow and clunky, but I don't know if thats just because of the age of my 8310 or if im just spoiled by my past iphone. Or maybe it's just t-mobiles slow network. My other option was joining sprint and getting a Palm Pixi. They seem nice, but I'm still up in the air about weather Palms New OS is going to make it, and also, i've heard sprints customer service and be kind of bad. Their network seems fairly decent. I've been testing it with a virgin mobile prepaid phone.

So what does everyone think? I know this is a BB website, but at the same time I have confidence a majority of you are cell phone enthusiets, reguardless of brand.
    01-06-10 12:01 AM
    The BlackBerry browser isn't that great and is slow to load larger web pages. i use a 3rd party browser, Bolt, for full (non mobile) sites.

The BlackBerry browser is better suited for mobile (WAP) sites in my opinion.

Hopefully RIM will improve the browser capability soon. i've never used a smart phone on T-Mobile's network so i can't comment on the speed.

That being said about the browser, i wouldn't leave BlackBerry. They excel in all other areas: Email, Calendar, Multi-Tasking etc.

The "addiction" part is due to the blinking LED light. It hypnotizes us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 12:10 AM
    Newer devices are more capable than the 8310, not that it's a bad BB at all though, just a bit long in tooth. Browser still isn't up to par with Android or iPhone, but like others have mentioned, the messaging is stellar.
    01-06-10 01:54 AM
    you may want to consider a 9700 from t-mobile its the best blackberry to date
    01-06-10 09:11 AM
    you may want to consider a 9700 from t-mobile its the best blackberry to date
    The reason I was thinking of the 8520 was because, I'm not a power user, and I've heard that the 8520 is good starter BB. The other reason was because its right around the $230 mark for me. Coincidentally, the price for me to walk from my t-mobile contract and buy a palm pixi is also around 230 mark (200 ETF + $30 Palm Pixi).
    01-06-10 10:20 AM
    Sprint does have horrible customer service. The 8520 does better suit a beginner but I believe overall the 9700 is best. I would ditch your current carrier and go with one that doesn't cost an arm and leg for a phone. Sign a two year with att, us cellular and get most blackberries from $0 - 100.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 11:01 AM
    8520 is a nice starter BB, however, to be honest, since all BB's operate pretty much the same, you're not going to have many issues regardless of model. I've read some pretty sketchy reviews on the Pixi, from what I read it's a nice device, and the WebOS is nice as well, but it doesn't have the processing power necessary for the device to run smoothly, and it lags, and lags, and lags... Here's the review I'm talking about:
    Palm Pixi Review - Palm pixi review - Gizmodo
    I wouldn't have any reservations about jumping to the 8520. TONS of memory compared to the 8310 (256mb compared to 64mb) WiFi, newer OS, it's a nice little device indeed!
    01-06-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD