My BB 9900's battery has suddenly started acting real strange. If im on a call and i have enough juice in my battery (by no means is it low), it suddenly turns the radio off and tells me that im out of charge - and it still shows me that i have have 50%-65% charge left on the indicator! This started a week ago.

But now, it jumps from being over 50% full to less then 10% in just a couple of seconds and i have to scramble for a charger when i least expect it.

Any advise?? My softwares updated btw, but still i got this issue.
    05-09-13 09:43 AM
    My BB 9900's battery has suddenly started acting real strange. If im on a call and i have enough juice in my battery (by no means is it low), it suddenly turns the radio off and tells me that im out of charge - and it still shows me that i have have 50%-65% charge left on the indicator! This started a week ago.

But now, it jumps from being over 50% full to less then 10% in just a couple of seconds and i have to scramble for a charger when i least expect it.

Any advise?? My softwares updated btw, but still i got this issue.
    Maybe your battery has just gone bad? Is it the original one that came with the phone? Do you frequently use a car charger? I was having problems with a battery on an Android device once and the T-Mo rep asked me about car charger usage and what type I used. It turned out that the car charger I was using was very cheap and it was the wrong voltage (I think?) for the type of battery I had. I picked up another battery and everything was fine.

It looks like you can pick up a new battery on eBay for around $15. Good deal!
    05-09-13 10:00 AM
    Well, yeah the battery is original. But now that you mention a car charger, i dont use one - but i do charge my phone via usb alot from my computer. Its been well over a year and this is the first time im having a problem like this. I'll take my phone to my carrier and wait and see what they say, i dont want them to have excuses if i say it upfront that i charge my phone via USB.

Thanks for the response!
    05-09-13 01:17 PM
    Charging via USB will not cause any problems. Sounds to me like your battery has passed its sell by date. I would replace it and as the previous poster said, they are quite cheap.
    05-09-13 01:29 PM