Does anyone have the BB 9700 in combination with the Blue Ant Z9 bluetooth headset? If yes, how the heck do you get the BB 9700 to detect the Blue Ant Z9?
    I am using the Blue Ant Z9 in combination with my BB 9000 without a problem but for some reason I can�t get my BB 9700 to detect the Blue Ant Z9 (let alone connecting to it).

Thanks in advance for the support!
    03-01-10 07:48 AM
    the blue ant needs to be in pairing mode. this is almost certainly your problem. the light has to be flashing blue rapidly. with the device OFF, press and hold the multifunction button and HOLD untill it flashes rapidly. then search for new devices on your phone
    03-01-10 08:58 AM
    I have tried that as well but everytime I try to search for the Blue Ant I am seeing everything but that.
    You may be right on the mode of the Blue Ant but I can�t seem to change it.
    03-01-10 09:07 AM
    http://myblueant.com/downloads/manuals/Z9i_QSG.pdf

instructions for pairing on page 2.

just like i said, with the device OFF, press and hold the multifunction button and HOLD for 6 seconds until it flashes rapidly. then search for new devices on your phone
    03-01-10 09:30 AM
    I had the same problem with my 9700 AND BlueAnt Z9. I had to go to BlueAnt's website and download the latest version of their firmware. After I installed the latest version the Z9 paired and worked just fine.
    03-01-10 10:14 AM
    Those unit seem to get hung for some reason. I had the same issue on a 9k as well as my 8310 and iPhone. A flash to either the same or newer firmware will reset the headset so it can pair properly. That device is now being used on a 9700 running 405.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD