Is it true that they will release storm with wifi ?
    and if they release it, will the issue from 9530 will be fix ?
    12-28-08 09:38 AM
    Yes it is true, and it is coming to Rogers first. I think Crucial has said somewhere that most of the problems with the 9530 will not exist on the 9520.
    12-28-08 09:49 AM
    And who will carry it in the US?

Avt123, I see you have both the Bold and the Iphone with At&T. What is the least expensive way to do that? I like the Bold but miss my old Iphone for web surfing.
    Last edited by Txdogs; 12-28-08 at 10:08 AM.
    12-28-08 10:04 AM
    And who will carry it in the US?

Avt123, I see you have both the Bold and the Iphone with At&T. What is the least expensive way to do that? I like the Bold but miss my old Iphone for web surfing.
    AT&T will probably have this phone shortly after Rogers (never know though after what happened with the Bold).

The cheapest way to have an iPhone and a Bold is to go into contract with the iPhone (or you will be paying more for it on ebay because you can't buy it without contract through AT&T or Apple) and buy the Bold outright through AT&T. I payed $550 for the Bold I think. The Bold is able to be purchased retail value through AT&T, the iPhone is not (unless they changed that now but I don't believe they did).

I swap SIMs also, I do not use two separate lines.
    12-28-08 11:05 AM
    Will it be a worldphone? will it come with a SIM card? will it have 8gb memory card?
    12-28-08 11:10 AM
    The 9530 is a world phone, makes sense the 9520 will be as well. I am guessing it will support the same bands as the Bold. Odds are by the time it comes out, it will support at least 16gb, probably 32gb external.
    12-28-08 11:14 AM
    Will it be a worldphone? will it come with a SIM card? will it have 8gb memory card?
    Well I know it will have American 3G frequencies (AT&T at least, hopefully tmobile too), and it will have European 3G frequencies, so yes it's a world phone (just like the Bold). Yes it has a SIM card, it is a GSM phone. No clue if it comes with the card like Verizon does. Personally, I can care less if it doesn't come with the memory card, I'll take WiFi over a free memory card any day.
    12-28-08 11:16 AM
    AT&T will probably have this phone shortly after Rogers (never know though after what happened with the Bold).

The cheapest way to have an iPhone and a Bold is to go into contract with the iPhone (or you will be paying more for it on ebay because you can't buy it without contract through AT&T or Apple) and buy the Bold outright through AT&T. I payed $550 for the Bold I think. The Bold is able to be purchased retail value through AT&T, the iPhone is not (unless they changed that now but I don't believe they did).

I swap SIMs also, I do not use two separate lines.
    Well, I already used my upgrade to get the Bold with ATT. Guess I'm stuck now. I don't want 2 separate accounts. I'd simply like to be able to swap my sim card between 2 phones as I please. Will the Iphone function on the BB data plan? But if the Storm with wifi comes to ATT I'd definitely be interested in that.
    12-28-08 12:20 PM
    BIS data works fine for both the BB and iPhone (minus visual voice mail), but iPhone data doesn't work with BB's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 12:40 PM
    Well, I already used my upgrade to get the Bold with ATT. Guess I'm stuck now. I don't want 2 separate accounts. I'd simply like to be able to swap my sim card between 2 phones as I please. Will the Iphone function on the BB data plan? But if the Storm with wifi comes to ATT I'd definitely be interested in that.
    Yes the iPhone functions on the BB data plan. It is still a data plan, you just do not get the BB features of the plan (BB push email, BBM, etc...).
    12-28-08 12:42 PM
    So if I eventually buy an Iphone through ATT, I can simply switch my sim card back and forth between both phones?
    12-28-08 02:44 PM
    (Yes it is true, and it is coming to Rogers first. I think Crucial has said somewhere that most of the problems with the 9530 will not exist on the 9520.)

Do you know when it will be release ?q1 ?q2?
    Thanks
    12-28-08 03:16 PM
    They did just say that Walmart is selling the iphone now, might want to check into that.

12-28-08 03:51 PM
    They did just say that Walmart is selling the iphone now, might want to check into that.
    Thanks, I checked it out. Still requires new service or an eligible upgrade. So I'm out of luck.
    12-28-08 04:10 PM
    (Yes it is true, and it is coming to Rogers first. I think Crucial has said somewhere that most of the problems with the 9530 will not exist on the 9520.)

Do you know when it will be release ?q1 ?q2?
    Thanks
    Not sure just know that it is coming.

12-28-08 08:49 PM
    The rumor was May, so sometime in the second quarter. Even the pictures state in the first half of the year. I look forward to this release! Woo hoo!!!

12-28-08 09:45 PM
    Wonder if T-Mobile will pick up the 9520...

12-28-08 11:47 PM
    Friend of mine who works for Rogers said it may come as early as Feb....... Man i'm glad i didn't get the 9500 now.
    12-29-08 12:00 AM
    Man I so want this device, I will have both the bold and the storm, but hopefully with things fixed I will only need the storm, I used a new one from telus about 3 days ago and it was very fast and the accelerometer worked great, no lag at all, and typing I found so much easier than the iphone woot woot

Friend of mine who works for Rogers said it may come as early as Feb....... Man i'm glad i didn't get the 9500 now.
    12-29-08 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD