Can anyone please offer any solutions? I have just picked up my BB 9000, works fine, paired it to my BMW 330Ci, but does not work!! Phone says it is paired to BMW, and viceversa, but also notice that BMW sound system is affected. For example, cannot adjust any volume settings at all, and even when making a call from the BB, I cannot hear person at other end, but they can hear me!! Anyone have any solutions?

TG
    08-26-09 10:47 AM
    You'll probably have to get another car, because I know you won't want to give up the Bold. LOL.

If your vehicle bluetooth is factory installed, go to the service dept and make them pair it. There may be a software update for your vehicle bluetooth and those are usually free of charge from the dealership.

If your vehicle bluetooth is aftermarket, contact the manufacturer and see if there are any software updates for your system.
    08-26-09 10:54 AM
    have a BMW 5 series and has always worked fine with me. Have you made sure that all the services for BMW are activated in the Bluetooth options of the Bold?

I'm also guessing since you've just picked up the bold, it won't have the latest firmware so go ahead and download that. .297
    Here is the link
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/lat...stasia-301586/

Hope that helps
    Last edited by will1881; 08-26-09 at 10:59 AM.
    08-26-09 10:57 AM
    If you're not on the latest software (Options/Status shows 4.6.0.297) download the new upgrade and install. See the sticky message at the top of forum for details.

Bluetooth is always twitchy about software versions, so there is nothing to lose by trying the upgrade.
    08-26-09 12:55 PM
    Thanks all for your help, but which do I download. The South easrt asia or multilanguage?
    08-26-09 03:02 PM
    multilanguage
    08-26-09 03:25 PM
    maybe you can help me... i dont have a book or instructions on how to set everything up from the BMW and the blackberry as my car is used. But i was told my car was equipped with the bluetooth. and i see the microphone. I have a 300CI as well. you think you can point me in the right directions on instructions for setting this up?
    08-26-09 03:36 PM
    You should have the passkey that was provided to the new BMW owner at the time of first purchase. I assume it is an original BMW bluetooth and not an aftermarket. Without this passkey, nothing can happen, unless somehow a BMW technician can get it for you if you can provide them the chassis / engine nos. Assuming you can get it or have it, fax me on 61 3 93266002 with return email addess and I'll email back to you the full instructions (only about 3 pages)

TG
    08-26-09 07:25 PM
    The passkey should also be on the botton of the bluetooth module in the vehicle, which should be in the trunk. Check roadfly.org or x5world.com for lots of detailed bmw how-to's w pics

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 01:44 AM
    Downloaded the 4.6.0.297 version but still not working. Paired OK with my BMW, but once synced my BMW sound system became inactive. Yet when I turned off Bluetooth option on the BB, restarted the BMW, all when back to normal. What is going on?
    09-02-09 12:06 PM
    try clearing your phone log, that is an issue with Audi's BT
    09-02-09 01:43 PM
    I remember waiting for a part in my local Mercedes service centre. A guy was ordering a Merc bluetooth car kit for his phone and the guy explained to him there were different versions available for different phone models and that it wasn't universal. I didn't believe it much at the time but judging by the BMW problems above maybe it is the case after all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD