I am trying to configure my 8830 to work with my work email account. I have an Ip address that I can access over a web browser connection and can sign in with my credentials. There is a POP account set up on the server, but when ever I try to configure the push internet service from the orange configuration page I keep getting the error that a connection cannot be made.

Any ideas as to what needs to happen ? Other Non blackberry PDAs in our organisation can access mail

Help !!! Am pulling my hair out !
    08-04-08 11:00 AM
    dosnt anybody have any suggestions ?
    08-06-08 09:53 AM
    have you asked your company about it
    08-06-08 10:14 AM
    You would have to use the email setup wizard and you would have to enter in your pop3 server info and your smtp manually. Another way is have you IT group install the blackberry professional software and have them set you up as a user

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 10:20 AM
    I just set my up this afternoon went to the setup wizard on blackberry.com
    put in my company email and it configured it. which my question is how do you know if its going through BES or or pop server its a company email address.
    they came over but was slow.
    08-06-08 06:06 PM
    if you did it on blackberry.com, then it is a BIS and is probably checking x minutes instead of it pushing. make sure it is set up right and maybe manually configure your work email by putting in your own pop and smtp addresses. with ours, we use the blackberry pro software, which is like BES, but uses the BIS. but when i setup my berry with our pop/smtp address it was pretty quick at getting emails and sending them
    08-06-08 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD