First of all, hi to all of you. Very nice forum. I'm new to blackberry, just got a 8100 pearl and i'm stuck at something...please help me with some answers because i couldn't find something clearely using google. Many thanks...

1) How do i install/move/load a service book (.ipd extension) from my desktop to my blackberry phone?
    2) When i want to install Opera Mini 5 or other java kits(apps/games), copying them from my pc to my media card and after install i got the "907" error altough i've installed a game (ParII Golf) that was a .jar! Does this problem has a solution or i have to manually convert the .jar to .cod files and then make an .alx and install through desktop manager? Is this how it works? How do i do that?

Please help...Thanks again!
    11-23-09 03:47 PM
    Service books are pushed to your phone by your carrier. You can send them yourself by logging on to their website but its usually easier to just call them up and have them sent. I hope that's what you were asking.
    As to your second question opera mini can be downloaded OTA (over the air) as can most apps and games. At least that's how I've always done it. I can't help with downloading and transfering from a pc as I have never done it that way before. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 07:55 PM
    Also, just being .jar does not make it '8100able'.

You gotta look for apps made for the Pearl or at least for the OS version you have installed.

5 to 10 you tried to install something that was not for the 8100.
    11-23-09 09:15 PM
    Service books are pushed to your phone by your carrier. You can send them yourself by logging on to their website but its usually easier to just call them up and have them sent. I hope that's what you were asking.
    As to your second question opera mini can be downloaded OTA (over the air) as can most apps and games. At least that's how I've always done it. I can't help with downloading and transfering from a pc as I have never done it that way before. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    OTA by the way means you download them from your blackberry... A game or app will specify whether its a OTA or Desktop Manager (DM) installation. If its a COD file, its ota. ALX files are used with DM, and zip files usually contain an ALX inside of them.. Hope this clears a few things up for you. OTA is truly the best way to go for me. almost all apps can be downloaded this way.
    11-23-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD