Is this new, must admit I have not been on CB much, a quick search didn't show anything but can anyone shed any more light on this?

BlackBerry - Tablet BlackBerry 10 in arrivo a fine 2015
    04-18-14 08:23 AM
    According to the Google translation (), it looks like a "we'll consider it down the line" statement. There was no commitment indicated.
    04-18-14 08:31 AM
    BlackBerry needs a Tablet now that...http://nanthealth.com/products/deviceconx-isirona/

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Canada
    04-18-14 08:36 AM
    BlackBerry needs a Tablet now that...NANTHEALTH DeviceConX (iSirona) - NANTHEALTH

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Canada
    Doesn't this already work on computers and tablets? Doesn't look it needs to use a BBRY tablet.
    04-18-14 08:43 AM
    Doesn't this already work on computers and tablets? Doesn't look it needs to use a BBRY tablet.
    I can only speak from my experience, I've had the unfortunate experience of visiting a Hospital the last 3 months, didn't see a single Tablet or Laptop used by a doctor, seems like an opportunity for BlackBerry and new software (Nanthealth).

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Canada
    ibpluto and FSeverino like this.
    04-18-14 09:06 AM
    I can only speak from my experience, I've had the unfortunate experience of visiting a Hospital the last 3 months, didn't see a single Tablet or Laptop used by a doctor, seems like an opportunity for BlackBerry and new software (Nanthealth).

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Canada
    Around here there are many that use tablets.
    richardat likes this.
    04-18-14 09:26 AM
    Is this new, must admit I have not been on CB much, a quick search didn't show anything but can anyone shed any more light on this?

BlackBerry - Tablet BlackBerry 10 in arrivo a fine 2015
    That sounds strange. If you listen to the recent CB podcast From BlackBerry to CrackBerry Nation, "You can count on us to get it right" | CrackBerry.com during the event in NYC answering the specific question of "will BlackBerry be involved in the tablet market" they answered clearly "absolutely NOT".

That said.. I would really love a BB10 Tablet!!!
    04-18-14 10:38 AM
    They can keep their tablet. After the crap they have put PB owners through.

Never again. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    milo53, JeepBB, jacknewp and 4 others like this.
    04-18-14 11:35 AM
    04-18-14 11:53 AM
    They can keep their tablet. After the crap they have put PB owners through.

Never again. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    Yeah I kinda have the same opinion. They should offer up a hefty discount to PlayBook owners,especially early adopters, as a goodwill gesture if they do release another tablet. They know who has them by BBID and when they got them via the same method. The company has admitted those customers got the short end of the stick in interviews so they will need to do something to make sure you don't have a vocal group out there screaming "Remember the PlayBook".

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    04-18-14 01:48 PM
    Do not get people.... Playbook is 2 years old and "orphaned".... well so is my IPad original.... No further OS updates.... Majority of new apps ( at least the ones I am interested in ) need an IPad 2 minimum to run... I do not see Ipad owners jumping up and down saying how they have been shafted by Apple.... As with any device... it has a lifespan and in electronics a very small one... My first BB was an 8800.... no sooner than I bought did the OS7 come out.. should I be given special treatment because of timing... if companies worked to satisfy all those who think their device should be supported forever ... we would have no industry.... Did BB make mistakes... plenty of them... did I get what was promised... no... but funny... the Playbook did very good for me for what I needed then....so I for one am not going to through away the experience because someone else did not follow through....
    CDM76, mkelley65 and Mr4aces like this.
    04-18-14 02:14 PM
    I don't see tablets as a priority for Chen's strategy (based on more urgent markets) so I wonder if there wouldn't be a possibility of adapting a hack of BB10 OS to a tablet? Couldn't it be done? There's already a dual boot on some android tablet that runs windows 8 too.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 02:25 PM
    I would buy a Playbook 2 if

A) it was high quality BlackBerry 10 powered and secure

B) it ran Android apps and had Google Play preloaded.

Would want 8-10" also.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:42 PM
    Guys I trust John Chen and The Tablet segment is the fastest growing within mobile technology and besides there is no clear dominant player in this department . The categorical "No" that came to the tablet question in New York was just for peace and quiet while we weigh our options and not a "Thor" like pronouncement that tablets were dead! John Chen will do whatever it takes to make Blackberry relevant again and if a tablet can produce some sales an profitability within the medical field and consumers we will have one so have no fear and my bet is we will see a Blackberry Tablet sometime in the future because as they said "you can count on us to get it right" so the "No" answer was part of getting it right so guys have faith its coming!
    CDM76 and Mr4aces like this.
    04-18-14 04:19 PM
    Do not get people.... Playbook is 2 years old and "orphaned".... well so is my IPad original.... No further OS updates.... Majority of new apps ( at least the ones I am interested in ) need an IPad 2 minimum to run... I do not see Ipad owners jumping up and down saying how they have been shafted by Apple.... As with any device... it has a lifespan and in electronics a very small one... My first BB was an 8800.... no sooner than I bought did the OS7 come out.. should I be given special treatment because of timing... if companies worked to satisfy all those who think their device should be supported forever ... we would have no industry.... Did BB make mistakes... plenty of them... did I get what was promised... no... but funny... the Playbook did very good for me for what I needed then....so I for one am not going to through away the experience because someone else did not follow through....
    The original iPad Apple didn't publicly state it would get iOS7, BlackBerry publicly stated multiple times the PlayBook would get BB10, or the new phone OS. Apple didn't promise frequent updates and not deliver, BlackBerry did. Apple didn't promise to deliver various features at particular times and fail, BlackBerry did and failed. We beta tested BB10 to market and then were discarded. If you got the tab at fire sale price then fine you didn't take a bad hit, but early adopters paid full retail and we're delivered a beta product at best.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, Orange UK and richardat like this.
    04-18-14 04:28 PM
    The Tablet segment is the fastest growing within mobile technology and besides there is no clear dominant player in this department.
    Did you REALLY type that? Do you REALLY believe that?

I'm an Android user and not an Apple fan, but there is absolutely no denying that the iPad is without question or argument the clear leader in the tablet segment of the market, and they are the defacto standard tablet for businesses. You can't be in denial about that; the evidence is everywhere.

The other issue is that merely building a BB10 tablet wouldn't help, because a tablet is unsaleable without a strong app ecosystem behind it, and there are ZERO BB10 tablet apps. BB10 can't even do landscape mode at the moment, over a year after release. Tablets, without phone functionality, are strictly "app machines", and with no apps, you aren't going to get many people buying BB tablets. BB can't even go to developers and ask for support at this point - they've alienated a lot of their developers.

Maybe, if a bunch of things go really well, they'll be able to try again in a couple of years, but right now, a tablet would only harm BB. It would take development resources away from the phones (which still need all the dev time they can get), and another public flop would only reinforce BB's poor reputation with consumers.

Chen is wisely sticking to phones, and targeting the couple of markets where BB's strengths still have value. BB simply doesn't have the resources for a consumer play right now, not with phones and not with tablets.
    Last edited by Troy Tiscareno; 04-19-14 at 10:49 AM.
    JeepBB, Rello, Bbnivende and 2 others like this.
    04-18-14 06:30 PM
    The original iPad Apple didn't publicly state it would get iOS7, BlackBerry publicly stated multiple times the PlayBook would get BB10, or the new phone OS. Apple didn't promise frequent updates and not deliver, BlackBerry did. Apple didn't promise to deliver various features at particular times and fail, BlackBerry did and failed. We beta tested BB10 to market and then were discarded. If you got the tab at fire sale price then fine you didn't take a bad hit, but early adopters paid full retail and we're delivered a beta product at best.

Posted via CB10
    Poor you. Next time do better research before buying a product. I for one loved the PB and am one of the few that still use it.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 06:32 PM
    Poor you. Next time do better research before buying a product. I for one loved the PB and am one of the few that still use it.

Posted via CB10
    I love this comment around here. Should have done better research. As in where? The company so you would know that they make statements and then don't deliver? I think most early adopters took RIM at that time at their word that all these wonderful things were coming and most didn't or took forever. Kind goes along with buy it for what it can do today and not what is said. If most that bought it early went by that they would have sold even less.
    Rello, rottonj and richardat like this.
    04-19-14 09:07 AM
    Same here I bought two BlackBerry PlayBook when $500+ even after that I bought two more when price $99
    Bec I thought BlackBerry would not going ditch us like HP
    But they did worst than HP

So even BlackBerry fan like me not going to make a same mistake unless BlackBerry make us happy by either release a lite version of bb 10 or have a free exchange policy to existing PlayBook owner to new playbook

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 09:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    I still have it and use the browser when my Z10 battery dies and I'm at home. Browser is horrible compared to BB10. And I did plenty of research. I remember Mike L saying it would get USB to Ethernet and USB to Serial adapters prior to launch, all of the things I stated were said by the CEO. I bought an incomplete product that was promised to be complete to get BlackBerry traction for the new platform, to get units out there for development and have an ecosystem ready for the phones.

The point is BlackBerry generated a lot of negativity in the market with the PlayBook and that won't go away even with a new device. They will still need to do something for disgruntled former users. They were considering this last summer then the chaos of another regime change had started and it got lost in the shuffle. Their are not enough of you BlackBerry apologists in the wild anymore to counter this.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 10:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are one of the few that still use it... what does that tell you about the usability of the PlayBook ? Plenty of people still using their iPad2.

Research based on promises.... ?

The BB10 platform isn't supporting a smartphone business, how would it do any better with a Tablet that relies even more of an ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and richardat like this.
    04-19-14 01:12 PM
    You are one of the few that still use it... what does that tell you about the usability of the PlayBook ? Plenty of people still using their iPad2.

Research based on promises.... ?

The BB10 platform isn't supporting a smartphone business, how would it do any better with a Tablet that relies even more of an ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    It tells me that I can still use it for what I need it for. The avg life cycle of a smartphone / tablet is approximately 2 yrs, whether it be ipad, ipad 2, galaxy tab, ipad air, playbook or another device.

BlackBerry made a mistake by over promising And under delivering. It happens.

Having said that, I can see BlackBerry coming out with a market specific tablet. Say one specially designed for medical field, or one designed for emergency services etc. That way it might be able to sell well and still make profit without having to advertise to the masses.

BlackBerry currently is loosing money on its phones. It could stop selling phones and be profitable. It could sell phones only over seas and be profitable. There are thousands of configurations to make them profitable. They just want to do it by still selling devices in North America ..... and that is where it is getting tricky.

Right now they are focusing on getting back on track. Once they are doing better again, we'll then they will probably explore the tablet idea again.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 03:01 PM
    Yea, N4BB directly contradicts what Jubei reported in the CB podcast. Who is right?
    04-19-14 06:44 PM
    F a new blackberry tablet.....that from a person still using and loving his PlayBook, still rockin my 9900....when they failed to deliver their advertised upgrade to BB10, after all the money I spent on apps to support the ecosystem and help keep it a viable ecosystem, not to mention my original PlayBook purchase, after all the free advertising I gave them going around telling people F Android, F Apple, BlackBerry and the PlayBook are where it's at, I hope they crash and burn.....they were the only company that I was willing to purchase phones from until they pulled that crap.....so I will use my PlayBook and my phone until they no longer function, and unless someone else enters the market with a secure platform that fits my specific moral alignment when it comes to data mining, government snooping, and closed gardens, I'll be done with phones and tablets, all because of my experience with the BlackBerry and the PlayBook....I would rather just stop being part of the market altogether, once the devices I have shelled out hundreds of dollars for are no longer funcional.....
    04-19-14 06:54 PM
    I don't see tablets as a priority for Chen's strategy (based on more urgent markets) so I wonder if there wouldn't be a possibility of adapting a hack of BB10 OS to a tablet? Couldn't it be done? There's already a dual boot on some android tablet that runs windows 8 too.

Posted via CB10
    What's your definition of urgent market? To me urgent market for BlackBerry is the healthcare and corporate businesses. These are the market that need a tablet not the consumers market. However, if BB produce a tablet for these industries, the consumers also benefit from it. The difference this time is, it's not consumer market driven. No requirement to sell mass volume of tablets to be successful and no competition from Apple and androids.
    04-19-14 07:43 PM
50 12