I am here in the States and am waiting for the BB 10 to hit down here for Verizon (hoping it will happen soon). I have been reading, correct or not, that BB 10 doesn't allow you to sync w/your Outlook contacts, memos, tasks, etc.. I want to see if this is right or not. I have been using the BB Desktop Manager for my Blackberry Curve for years (before that my Blackberry Pearl) to sync my Outlook Contacts from my work computer. Will I still be allowed to do this? I really hope so or I might have to look @ another phone. Please let me know what you guys know about this. I would love to keep syncing my Outlook contacts this same way. Thanks.
    02-16-13 08:29 PM
    Here's the thing, it does if your using a mail server that supports it.
    The new system like every other one supports. Newer technology that older BlackBerry didn't do so well and that's one reason we had the sync tool

Now if tour work is using exchange an turns on active sync the mail server will keep you contacts updated an calendar with out you having to manually do it.

Also of you using a Gmail account the system can natively do calendar n contacts as well..
    So in the current release of blackberry link software there is no manual outlook sync that om aware of

It's M about using the full power of tour mail server, who knows if Link will add this down the road...

Personally I hope they do as I know any people that only have pop or imap mail servers that wi be pissed about this or will have to move hosting providers

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 08:42 PM
    Ackkk holy missing keys an wrong letters... still adjusting to the virtual keyboard

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 09:01 PM
    Thanks for the reply. So if my company has an exchange, I can still sync like I have been doing?
    02-17-13 08:42 PM
    Thanks for the reply. So if my company has an exchange, I can still sync like I have been doing?
    Let me try to put it in a nutshell, because it is a LITTLE involved.

A very common arrangement in businesses is to have a Microsoft Exchange back end, with Outlook on the users' PCs. Most such companies also run BlackBerry Enterprise Server, which allows users to get company e-mail on their BlackBerry phones. Usually, this also syncs contacts and calendars, too.

If you have been connecting your BB via USB to your computer to sync up contacts and appointments, that MIGHT be a slightly different arrangement. You may want to talk to your company's IT department. With BES, you might enter new contacts in Outlook, but what would happen then is those changes would get synced up to the Exchange server, which would in turn update your BlackBerry via BES. And it would be odd for BES to update your e-mail, but not your contacts, though there's an outside chance your IT guys might have set it up that way.

The new BB10 phones don't need to connect to your PC at all. They can connect directly to the Exchange server through ActiveSync, a proprietary Microsoft technology. Androids, iPhones, and of course Windows Phones have been using this for years, but ActiveSync is fairly new to BlackBerry (the Playbook uses it too). The small catch there is that it needs to be enabled, and many companies just plain don't.

For all these questions, talk to your IT department. They should be able to help.
    02-17-13 08:58 PM