Apple is using Yelp for the contextual data for their maps, does anyone know who RIM is partnering with to offer this on their maps?

I honestly would like the maps to use the information from the apps that you have installed. I use foursquare instead of yelp and believe that information from foursquare would be more relevant to me. Each person has a service they prefer and may be disappointed by service that RIM might decide to partner with. I want to know if it would be possible for maps to be able to search the app's data, similar to a universal search on the OS? And if it is, do you think it would be practical or just a wishful thought?
    10-06-12 12:21 PM
    I believe RIM has some sort of arrangement with Garmin, but the PlayBook does use Bing maps.
    10-06-12 12:31 PM
    Apple uses tomtom map and traffic data from what I read. I don't know if it is implemented yet but that's what was reported.

As for BlackBerry they also signed an agreement with tomtom for maps and currently the nav and traffic on the bbtraffic app are all tomtom's stuff now.
    10-06-12 10:57 PM
    I understand that but I was referring to the part where maps using yelp would give you ratings and reviews for the location you are looking up. Apple has Yelp integrated into maps. I would love for them to allow us to choose in maps settings which installed app we want the information pulled from. Instead of everything being forced to use Yelp or Foursquare or whatever service they got the agreement with, they allow the devs to build the ability of their app being searchable from maps in a seamless way. People use different services and they tend to trust the services that they use so instead of choosing one of these services for everyone, the users can choose which services they prefer to provide the extra information.

Think of the BBM connected apps, instead of pushing information to maps, the information would be pulled from the app and to make things beneficial to the apps, like foursquare, you could be able to check-in from maps.
    10-07-12 07:03 AM