Super refers to the capacitive layer being bonded with the display (less layers for light to pass through, less glare, higher contrast). It even says so in that wikipedia article. Not sure what you guys were reading.

EDIT: and while we're at it, it seems that RIM has changed gears and only the N series will have OLED displays. The 1280x720/768 devices will have LCD's.
    Last edited by itmccb; 10-01-12 at 06:36 PM.
    10-01-12 06:33 PM
    Basically BB10 displays are gonna put others to shame
    10-01-12 08:14 PM
    I really hope they don't go with OLED, I've had some really bad experience with OLED and I refuse to buy any phones with it again.

I don't see the point in having a phone which you intend to use really heavily knowing that every second you use it you are damaging the display. Im a pretty heavy smartphone user and managed to produce pretty bad burn in after 4 months of use with my Samsung Omnia 7.

I felt like I wanted to avoid using my phone after this happened and then wondered what the point is in an expensive smartphone that you are trying to use as little as possible.

I switched to LCD and never looked back.
    10-03-12 01:11 AM
    My guess is that, except for the super techno geeks, no one knows the difference or cares which is used as long as the image quality is sharp and vivid. Or maybe that's just me.
    10-03-12 11:39 AM
    I really hope they don't go with OLED, I've had some really bad experience with OLED and I refuse to buy any phones with it again.

I don't see the point in having a phone which you intend to use really heavily knowing that every second you use it you are damaging the display. Im a pretty heavy smartphone user and managed to produce pretty bad burn in after 4 months of use with my Samsung Omnia 7.

I felt like I wanted to avoid using my phone after this happened and then wondered what the point is in an expensive smartphone that you are trying to use as little as possible.

I switched to LCD and never looked back.
    I've never had any issues with OLEDs, nor have I heard any recent cases. Looks like only the N-series will have an OLED display anyway.
    10-03-12 05:58 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD