~ The Battle of the Blackberrys ~

With the release and upcoming release of new Blackberrys in the market, I would just like you guys to think of each new device RIM hs released. Is there much difference with each device? (Aside from the Storms being touchscreen)

How would you describe each Blackberry device?
    How do you compare them with each other?

In 2-3 sentences for each device you want to tell something about, share with us how you think each device is special and/or superior to the every other berry
    10-02-09 12:25 AM
    this is my 1st bb. i'm just a phone addict...always wanting to have the newest, coolest thing! especially if it involves a touch screen.
    10-02-09 02:11 AM
    Is there much difference with each device? (Aside from the Storms being touchscreen)
    Well, there are minor differences between all these models that are out there (and all the ones in the works), but that's all they are. However, when it comes down to actually choosing a phone you'll be using for the next year, these minor differences can become quite a deciding factor.
    For instance, my friend prefers the 8900 to the technically superior 9000 due to its smaller size and keyboard. Those factors are obviously more important to him than having 3G and a faster processor among other things. It's all about choice and options.
    RIM gives you plenty of opportunity to pick and choose the right model for yourself. Need a world phone? Tour. Need a light-weight entry-level BB? Pearl (or Pearl Flip, which is how I ended up with that). Need a 3G powerhouse with a solid keyboard? Bold. How about something slightly smaller with excellent battery life? Curve. Touch screen? That one's obvious.
    10-02-09 02:22 AM
    I don't know? It's almost upgrade time but I love my Pearl 8130. It's been absolutely 100% rock solid. Not one issue, never a call to tech support. It has a small memory but I wouldn't call it entry-level Blackberry. I used to do so before I actually owned one but so far it's been the best device I've ever owned and I've owned a mobile/cell phone since 1987. People knock SureType but it's the *hit hands down. I can out type everyone I know with their full QWERTY's; other Blackberries included. Tour is calling me but my trusty Pearl still has her claws in my skin. Hopefully RIM will release a new kick-*** Pearl bar style. Almost everyone I know with Pearl's (II's) love them. I think RIM should have revamped that series instead of going with the Flip. Yes I love double the memory it has but my 8130 still kicks it's tail. Same CPU but my 8130 is faster in all areas. I love it!!! Sorry, I went over my 2-3 lines!
    10-02-09 02:47 AM
    Salomondrin mentioned something about the BlackBerry 2100 "Striker", a 3G (I think) Pearl with a trackpad. I'm sure that would make you pretty excited. There's no pictures of it yet though, but nonetheless, looks like RIM is planning on revamping the series.

Anyways, I didn't mean any offense when I say "entry level". Personally, I come to that conclusion because of its slower processor; I can't really do much multi-tasking on my flip before it slows down to a crawl. SureType is pretty damn nice though, once I figured out a few tricks to it. However, there are times when I have to switch to multitap, and it's a real pain. I'm looking forward to getting the Storm2, so I take advantage of both QWERTY and SureType!
    10-02-09 03:51 AM
    Well I'm with Kristi81 on this one. I'm a phone addict & I got to have the latest & greatest phones out no matter the cost or contract extensions lol. I'm steering away from touch screens because of how they freeze up from time to time. But yeah maaaaan I'm loving this bb tour. Its the best yet in my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 03:58 AM
    One thing I wish my bb tour had was text prediction but hey you can't have everything

10-02-09 04:00 AM
    I don't see why you'd need text prediction when you have a full keyboard and autotext but hey whatever.

10-02-09 04:17 AM
    On the Storm you do have qwerty keyboard, suretype and multitap and it has text prediction. Surely it'll be easy enough to implement into further OS upgrades for physical keyboard devices.

10-02-09 05:53 AM
    One nice feature of the tour, it's as easy to reply to this post as to type:

Twas brillig and the slithy. toves...

10-02-09 06:30 AM
    Why i chose my 8900 (my first bb):

It has the best form factor for me. i dont need 3G and the processing power seems fast enough for me (i'm a multi-tasker).

Since the 9700 wouldn't be released in my country til the next year or even next next year, I couldn't wait to get a BB so I bought the 8900.
    10-02-09 08:50 PM
    One thing I wish my bb tour had was text prediction but hey you can't have everything

It's in OS 5.0.
    10-02-09 09:38 PM
    I think the Mr. T could rock. It's the touchscreen (ala Storm) with a slide out QWERTY. That'll be special.
    10-02-09 09:39 PM
    For instance, my friend prefers the 8900 to the technically superior 9000 due to its smaller size and keyboard.
    I chose the 9000 due to the larger size and keyboard. It was easier for me to type on.
    10-02-09 10:35 PM
    I think the Mr. T could rock. It's the touchscreen (ala Storm) with a slide out QWERTY. That'll be special.
    Yeah. That Mr. T would definitely be worth a look once it gets released.
    10-03-09 07:08 AM
    I like the form factor of the 8900.

10-03-09 12:50 PM
    Out of the newer BB devices, I currently have a Pearl Flip and a Tour.

I love my Pearl Flip because: compact size, SureType (I can type faster with it than a qwerty BB), easy one-handed typing, simplicity, reliability (unlike the Storm, the Flip does not leak much memory & stays stable throughout the day), unique form factor (1st BB flip and I'm the only one out of my family & friends who has one), you can view messages & notifications on the external screen and the flip design makes it more comfortable to use as a phone than the traditional bar-style BB devices.

I love the Tour because: it combines the best of other BB models. It can be considered a Curve 8900 (1st 3.2 MP Camera for a BB), Bold (keyboard) and Storm (screen resolution and processor) all in one.

10-04-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD