If I keep Wifi turned on for the majority of the day, or even all of it, how bad will it drain the battery? I'm fine with charging every night, but I was wondering what users have personally experienced with the wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 12:02 PM
    It doesn't drain it TOO bad, but it still has an effect, i keep mine on and it doesn't really do much to my battery.
    05-21-10 12:16 PM
    for me it doesn't really do much to my battery life so I am not sure really if its me or not
    05-21-10 03:17 PM
    I leave Wifi on all the time, but if I go on a very distant trip I turn off Wifi.

I'm not sure if it's constantly trying to find networks when you are outside the range of one of your saved access points. Something tells me it doesn't keep scanning to save battery life, well I hope so.
    05-21-10 03:33 PM
    Thing is, Wi-Fi working isnot that much of a problem, the device handles it just fine. You'll have a little more of a drain than usual because it will be doing something else. Nothing new here.

Problem starts when you leave the coverage of the hotspot. The device will then try to recconnect and/or find new hotsports. That, my friend, just like low signal, is a battery killer.

So, keep your device 24/7 on Wi-Fi if you have access to hotspots 24/7. If not, turn it off while you are out of reach.
    05-21-10 04:45 PM
    Yeah, WiFi isn't really a "battery drainer." I leave mine on all the time and my battery lasts long that it should be (1 and a half - 2 days). But sometimes, if you're not using, it's better to turn it off to save a little bit of battery juice.
    05-21-10 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD