Hey all,

I'm just wondering what you are meant to do regarding the battery when you get a new device to get the best life out of it.

I've looked through a few threads and websites and I get a variety of answers, some say to drain the battery straight off and then leave to charge fully while turned off and then you're good to go. Others say to just plug in your phone straight away and don't turn it on until fully charged. Some say it doesn't matter.

I'm not exactly super tech savvy so I don't know what answer is right, if any!

I'm planning to get a 9900 but I want to ensure that the battery has the best life possible right from the start.

Thanks for the help!
    10-15-11 03:52 PM
    Charge your new battery after you are done playing with the phone when you unbox it and are setting it up when you get home plugged in or not.

Make sure you charge it at least 12 hours overnight and then some. Make sure you let it run almost completly dead the first few times after repeating the overnight charge when you get it to be almost dead and this will cycle your battery properly no matter what anyone says since it is a lithium polymer battery. After you do this a few times and have your battery properly cycled you should be good to go from that point on but don't charge it just because it may be at 70% or even 60%. Let it get down and you will get the most out of it. Good luck and welcome to the forums.
    10-15-11 04:41 PM
    The current-tech lithium-ion batteries love to be charged, don't love to be deep-discharged. Unlike the old cesium-iodide battteries, where periodic deep-cycling was recommended, the Li-on batteries do not develop a charging memory. Charge early, charge often :-) No need to deep cycle.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-15-11 04:41 PM
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Pretty clear that lithium ion batteries do NOT like to be deep cycled and in fact have a longer life if they are kept topped off.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-15-11 04:46 PM
    I have heard and read the same thing but there is no need IMO to have to charge a battery that is at 80% as an example to just top it off. Forget the experts and tell me what good it does to do this as you say and tell me from the heart your true feeling in this question I asked you unless of course you wrote the article...lol..
    10-15-11 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD