I noticed yesterday that my battery ran out of juice faster than normal. I charged it overnight last nigh, as I do every night.

When I woke up the battery was only 85% charged. Does this mean I need a new battery? I have had the phone since October 2008? DO batteries only last 8 months?

By charging it overnight every night while I am sleeping amI hurting the battery?
    06-26-09 05:30 AM
    No, you are not hurting it by charging it every night.

Here's an article about the Li-Ion battery of the Blackberry and how to get maximum battery life out of it.

Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-26-09 06:26 AM
    Thanks. Is it possible my battery is just dieing out and I may need a new one? It;s only 8 months old.
    06-26-09 06:31 AM
    It is possible that it's dying. That would be earlier than I would expect, but it happens. If it were me, I would go ahead and order another one. It never hurts to have a spare battery.

Have you recently installed any new applications (to include updates of current ones) or a new OS? If so, that could be related to the trouble.
    06-26-09 08:19 AM
    Make sure you don't have an oddball app running...I've done that before and my battery drains quick.
    06-26-09 09:03 AM
    The only apps I installed recently is Facebook and WSJ mobile reader. I doubt either of those would ruin the battery. Agree?
    06-26-09 02:25 PM
    The easiest thing to do is just delete those 2, run your phone for a day and see. Then you'll know instead of wonder.
    06-26-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD