I have always wanted to ask this question as it seems many people have been doing this recently. Shall I MUST do a battery pull whenever I upgrade my device using the Loader application? If so, how many battery pulls do I have to do to get the battery life better after upgrading my OS? Would it really make a difference?

Currently using 9790 on .336.
    04-29-12 05:37 AM
    Not sure if it's a MUST or not, but it does seem to get everything in it's right place.
    I always do a reboot when there are updates on my computers too. Memory works better and the system flows faster.

So even if it's an old wives' tale or not... it DOES help!
    04-29-12 06:25 AM
    dont have to do it. although it seemed like it always ran smoother after a battery pull after an OS update. so its up to you.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    04-29-12 06:59 AM
    Not sure if it's a MUST or not, but it does seem to get everything in it's right place.
    I always do a reboot when there are updates on my computers too. Memory works better and the system flows faster.

So even if it's an old wives' tale or not... it DOES help!
    Not to be one of THOSE people lol but I never have to restart my linux system after an update (unless it's a kernel update)

Anyways to the OP, I generally will reboot about 3-5 times during the week that I upgraded. What's interesting about my Blackberry is how stable it is. When I had my Android, it didn't need to be reset but I can promise you, when it was ready for it, it will let you know by randomly shutting down. That annoyed the crap outta me when I was listening to music or watching youtube. I have never had my Blackberry reset on me. I've had to manually reset it if I uninstall an app or as said above, a few times during the first week of an OS update. I will still reset occasionally just to be on the safe side though
    04-29-12 07:05 AM
    Where in the phone manual does it state pull your battery after an OS upgrade

I didn't pull the battery when my phone OS upgraded
    04-29-12 09:48 AM
    A few battery pulls after any OS upgrade is always recommended and helps me every time as it helps to stabilize the new OS.
    04-29-12 09:56 AM
    To battery pull is basically stabilizing the phone so that its performance and battery gets better.

Its extremely recommended.

This is the frequency:

OS 5.0 : 1 in 3 days
    OS 6.0 : Once a week or twice
    OS 7.0 : <once a week.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    04-29-12 10:00 AM
    Certain functions in the phone are only done upon booting the OS, such as database re-indexing etc... So a battery pull in between sets things in better order and sometimes make your phone more "responsive" - "fixes" corrupt memory and indexes to prevent crashes,.. and for some it seems to help increase battery life as well...
    04-29-12 01:36 PM
    Where in the phone manual does it state pull your battery after an OS upgrade

I didn't pull the battery when my phone OS upgraded
    its not necessary, but this day and age what doesnt perform better after a reboot.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    04-29-12 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD