View Poll Results: How do you reset your BlackBerry?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good old fashioned Battery Pull

72 39.56%
  • Soft Reset via app

14 7.69%
  • Alt/Shift/Delete

30 16.48%
  • Double Alt/Shift/Delete

11 6.04%
  • You're supposed to reset it?

11 6.04%
  • Battery pull in emergency only -otherwise Alt/shift/del

42 23.08%
  • Other ('splain, if you'd like)

2 1.10%
    Having a Pearl, a battery pull is my only option.

And, I only do it when I get a lock-up (hour-glass spins for more than 2 or 3 minutes and nothing happens).

This may happen several times a week. The BB App World is the biggest offender. It locks up about a third of the time just opening it.

Just waiting on that 9100 (you listening, AT&T?).
    05-18-10 08:31 AM
    Same as others said "Alt.+R.shift+Delete, unless Battery pull needed instead then I leave it out a few minutes just so its worth the effort it took to take outta case lol
    05-18-10 09:16 AM
    so many ways to reboot the blackberry heh... I wonder why it takes so long to reboot blackberries. Of course this will be my 1st smartphone (Torch), so please excuse my ignorance. Do other smartphones like the iphone and droid phones take a long time to reboot? My gf has the blackberry tour and it takes a long long time to reboot. I watched the video of the torch rebooting against other bbs and thankfully it is the fastest (probably only because it is newer than the rest). I also read on here, blackberries take a long time to start back up bc it has many 'systems' to manage and that these 'systems' are always on. well are not other smartphone systems always on?
    08-28-10 03:54 PM
    Patric, Please advise all the ways to reset my BB ( Pearl 9100 3G ) which does not have the Key pad option?
    QUOTE: Sadly, those on the Pearl without the soft-reset program are stuck, but good.
    Does this mean that I must actually remove my Batt to do a Reset or is there another way?
    I have my 9100 in a Defender Otter Box case, and therefor is harder to Pull Batt.
    Thank you for your help.
    These Post are a great help
    David
    11-24-10 09:56 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD