I just got my BB 6 days ago and i love it! But one of the down sides about it is that the battery won't even last a full 48 hours. Is there any thing I can get to change this? A better battery, app?
    08-29-09 10:24 AM
    I would suggest charging it nightly. With everything I do on mine on a daily basis its at about 20% or almost dead by the time I get home every night. But it depends on your usage and how many apps you leave running in background. If you're not using it much and close out apps properly you might have a bum battery. They also have extended batteries. Amazon has them for pretty cheap. I'm still pretty new to the bb world but this is what I've learned so far so hope it is somewhat helpfull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 10:35 AM
    BlackBerry - Specifications - BlackBerry Curve 8900 Specs

Talk Time: 5.5 Hours.
    Standby: 356 Hours.
    Clearly, it is a matter of how much you are using it. Most users should see a full day, but are not likley to see two days use.

If you are using the phone a lot, it would be worth while having a backup battery on hand.
    Yes. Stop trying to get it to last for 48 hours. It wasn't designed
    for that and that is the worst possible thing you can do with
    respect to the long term life of the battery.

Li-Ion batteries are meant to be charged as often as possible. They
    are never meant to be deep discharged.
    Almost 2 days is excellent battery life. Did you have a smartphone previously to this new Blackberry? Most smartphone batteries won't last that long.

It Is a good idea to charge your Blackberry every night when you go to bed. You can't overcharge the battery, and it will last longer than if you let it drain completely.

You will get better battery life if you make sure you close apps that are not in use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD