1. andyman5's Avatar
    I wet my blackberry, dried it in rice. When I plugged in, it would only show that it was charging, and I was not able to actually start it up. (To be clear the Battery Icon shows up on the white screen but even after leaving it liek that overnight, I am unable to turn the phone on).

    Then I ordered a new battery and the phone seamed to work fine. Except that after I unplugged it from the charger, the battery quickly drained to nothing as If it had never actually charged, and then I had the same problem as before. Will buying an external battery charger solve my problem or is there a risk that the water damage made my blackberry drain any battery's energy much more quickly?
    07-18-10 12:28 PM
  2. trev9065's Avatar
    from what you have said it's most likely that the phone suffered water damage and wont turn on no matter how many batterys you use. You can always try testing your batteries if you have a volt meter but you might want to take it to a store and see if they will let you put in a spare battery to see if it works. Dont tell them you have water damage because they might not let you try it then. Good luck.
    07-18-10 12:34 PM
  3. andyman5's Avatar
    Sorry, I might not have explained it well. When I used my store's battery and eventually the replacement battery I got in the mail, the phone turned on, made calls, and worked fine. My questions is whether it is more likely that the phone lost the ability to charge batteries, or if possible, the phone now drains the batteries so quickly when not plugged into a power supply that it is unusable.
    07-18-10 12:45 PM
  4. blueyestm's Avatar
    Sounds like the water damage was too extensive and that's why you're having issues with the battery drainage. I don't think there is any way to overcome that.
    07-19-10 12:04 PM