Ok so I am wondering how long the average battery should last on the curve? I just charged this morning and went to work (it sits in my locker for most of my shift) and itís already down to Half the battery. So should I be considering looking into a new battery or this is just normal?
    07-14-08 09:23 PM
    Ok so I am wondering how long the average battery should last on the curve? I just charged this morning and went to work (it sits in my locker for most of my shift) and itís already down to Half the battery. So should I be considering looking into a new battery or this is just normal?
    Did you have it in Standbye mode while it was in your locker? Because standbye mode will definitely help save battery life. Also, you could just turn it off if it was only sitting in your locker the whole time. Another thing, what do you have your screen settings set on? Do you have a timeout set? How long does your backlight stay on? What is the brightness set to? These are all factors that contribute to battery loss
    07-14-08 09:30 PM
    In addition to the above, I'd also see how your service is in the area. I find on my curve if I am in a good coverage area then my battery lasts much longer if its struggling to find a good signal.

I hope that helps! Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 09:34 PM
    Did you have it in Standbye mode while it was in your locker? Because standbye mode will definitely help save battery life. Also, you could just turn it off if it was only sitting in your locker the whole time. Another thing, what do you have your screen settings set on? Do you have a timeout set? How long does your backlight stay on? What is the brightness set to? These are all factors that contribute to battery loss
    Yea i totally forgot about the Standby, my screen brightness is set to like 50 and my screen turns off after 10 secs.

In addition to the above, I'd also see how your service is in the area. I find on my curve if I am in a good coverage area then my battery lasts much longer if its struggling to find a good signal.

I hope that helps! Good luck!
    Umm when i am at my work i get like 1 bar LOL, could that make it drain ?
    07-14-08 09:34 PM
    Probably. I'd say if you are getting low bars your phone searches for stronger signals which can lead to battery drain.

07-14-08 09:37 PM
    I have to echo V3NZ3L's comments. That's one of the fastest ways to drain the battery; a phone trying to find a signal. I would also suggest to just turn the BB off when you put it in your locker.
    07-14-08 09:37 PM
    I have to echo V3NZ3L's comments. That's one of the fastest ways to drain the battery; a phone trying to find a signal. I would also suggest to just turn the BB off when you put it in your locker.
    Yea I will have to get in the habit of turning it off lol my BB never goes off LOL
    07-14-08 09:41 PM
    i dont know, i had my curve since Nov and had to get a replacement battery last month cuz my battery would drain 50% in bout 2hrs. Tmo sent me a brand new one and i just chucked the old one in a drawer (like it will mysteriously recharge) lol
    07-14-08 09:48 PM
    Do you have any special service running? like PTT or Bluetooth? Mine goes about 3 days without charging, I dont talk much but I message like crazy, bbmessenger, gtalk and live.
    07-15-08 08:28 PM
    Hey check out this post to increase your battery life. And also since i made the post there i have downloaded an app called "autostandby" i highly recommend it. Saves loads of time on my battery. Anyhow heres that post

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tip...ry-life-46957/
    07-15-08 08:59 PM
    When you put your Blackberry in the OEM pouch and it shuts down, is this considered 'stand by' like when you hold down the top button?
    07-15-08 09:27 PM
    Yes redwings, just like standby
    07-15-08 09:44 PM
    Thank you all so much for all your help :-)
    07-15-08 11:08 PM
    I was on my day off Sunday and spent the whole day playing and texting with my Curve and it's charge lasted from about ten am until eleven pm. I only talked on it about twenty minutes, but I was impressed how long the charge lasted.

07-15-08 11:32 PM
    If you're worried about forgetting to shut it down, there is always the auto on/off feature. Set it up to shut down a few minutes after your typical arrival. And power up around when you would be done with work.
    07-16-08 12:55 AM
    all sorts of options to keep battery life but if you have weak service it would be best to turn it off
    07-16-08 01:29 AM
    mattkrass makes a better point!!
    07-16-08 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD