Hi crackberry users,

i got a HP Pre and later a Motorola Milestone (Droid), but their battery lifetime disappointed me. So i planning to get a Bold 9900 in future. ( This is no rant, i can wait ...)

But before i take it, i want to heare some average battery lifetimes of ur devices.

I use the devices mainly to communicate (mail, facebook, twitter, sms, jabber, msn, icq, sometimes voice, ...), but no video or gaming. Yes i hear music, but in the office plugged in to the power adapter.

Thanks, for ur help.

PS: To get a idea how much mails i get, here is a inbound statistic from my personal email server, no company, no spam. (0.12m/min means ~173 mails per day)

i.imgur.com/M2aaW (i'm not allowed to post links, u've to copy it -.-*)
    06-14-11 07:28 AM
    You are a heavier user than I but my use on a big day still leaves lots of battery at the end of the day. Torch 9800, 6.0.0.600. Best combination of OS and device in my hands to date.

In the household we have a 9300 used lightly and a heavy BBM 9700. Both those devices get through a day with plenty of remaining battery time.
    bebna likes this.
    06-14-11 08:00 AM
    I use FB, moderate e-mail, voice (with bluetooth), web browsing, sports scores, weather, etc... I'm not on it all day by any stretch, but my 9650 does get a fair amount of use. I use an extended life battery. I charge every 3 days.
    06-14-11 09:14 AM
    Hello,
    I have 9780 BiS and BES both.
    My daily mail traffic average is not less than 250.
    I'm heavy user of bbm,facebook,twitter,ubertwitter,foursquare,browsi ng,whatsapp,facebook chat and pandora radio daily.
    My battery getting dead at 7pm.
    That's why i have my second battery on my pocket or bag.
    Btw i am hard iPhone user in the same day also.

Briefly,
    The more you connect to internet, the faster your battery dies.

Fatih Kurnaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-14-11 09:27 AM
    My BB will make it through the day- so, 6:30 AM to lets say 8 PM- heavy BBM and Facebook user.
    06-14-11 10:02 AM
    I can make it thru the day and I'm a HEAVY emailer and texter and make it home with around 20-25% left. Having a backup battery or cradle to charge the phone while at your desk is a good idea. BB devices generally have the best battery life.
    06-14-11 11:02 AM
    It also depends on how high you set your brightness to and whether you turn on auto dimming or not. My brightness is set to 30% and auto dimming is on and I save a quarter more juice than when I used to set my brightness to 100% and turned off my auto dimming.

Usage is pretty moderate now that I have the Playbook. I'm a heavy BBM and Facebook user as well and do a bit of browsing and listening to music as well and it gets me through the day (7:30AM - 12AM). Oh and I'm using a Torch running OS 6.0.0.450.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD