03-02-14 09:20 PM
90 1234
tools
    After I loaded the 10.2.1 leak the battery barely lasted 4hrs with very little use.

Like others have said in some posts I let it completely die and allow the new OS to stabilize. Battery is much better now.
    Attachment 250161

Posted via CB10
    How did you get your device manager to have dark theme?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 10:54 AM
    All flawless with mine Q10 and 10.2.1.2102.
    Even better.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 11:16 AM
    How did you get your device manager to have dark theme?

Posted via CB10
    Good question, mine as just always been like that sense the update.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 12:42 PM
    My battery on my Z10 is really crappy now. It lasts maybe 9 hours of moderate usage on HSPA+. Strangely though, stand by time went up exponentially. It can last 3+ days with little to no use where it'd die in 2 days with prior OS's.
    02-23-14 02:01 PM
    Good question, mine as just always been like that sense the update.

Posted via CB10
    R u a Z10 or Z30?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:54 PM
    R u a Z10 or Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Q10

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:02 PM
    Q10

Posted via CB10
    Ok. That's explains. The Q10 prefers the use of dark themes because of the type of screen display it is (OLED)

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:05 PM
    I can't really believe what I see. My Z10 just dropped down to 90% from 100 within 3 minutes of usage. And yes, like a poster mentioned above, the standby time has increased way too much, if I leave the phone untouched after a full charge, the battery lasts almost 43 hours.
    Also, I noticed, the only thing that sips the juice of out the battery is the screen.

Is there any fix for this? Or we're doomed forever?

Posted via CB10. Z10-1, 10.2.1.537
    02-24-14 07:14 AM
    I can't really believe what I see. My Z10 just dropped down to 90% from 100 within 3 minutes of usage. And yes, like a poster mentioned above, the standby time has increased way too much, if I leave the phone untouched after a full charge, the battery lasts almost 43 hours.
    Also, I noticed, the only thing that sips the juice of out the battery is the screen.

I'm the same. If I use it, sometimes it will last, sometimes it will drop like a stone. The display is taking up battery, and according to the battery monitor the readings/percengage does not go down again after a full charge as some claim....not on mine anyway.

So I have a phone sitting beside me with the only apps FB and T4BB....and the ones it came with, minus Box etc. The screen brightness is turned down to nothing making the screen very dull. The LED notification light is off. Everything is set to manual sync etc.....in short, the phone does absolutely nothing unless I let it....its shut down tighter than a duck's back side and yet it still isn't right. And ....there is no doubt it is the software update and I wish with all that is holy that I hadn't done it.....the phone was fine before.

I need a phone with decent battery.....if my Aunt's alarm goes off, I need to take off in minutes to hers to get an ambulance / help to her. If I go anywhere I need a good battery in case I break down as I can't walk to get help. This has been eased by having a second battery.....but if I have to rush off there is no saying I will remember to pick the battery up.

Plenty of thoughts and posts and threads on this.....but at the risk of bringing in the 'heavy mob' to slaughter me....this software update has ruined what was a good phone......and as soon as I can get out I will be at the phone shop, because enough is enough.
    02-24-14 07:40 AM
    And the tragedy for me is, if I were to go out and spend precious funds on another BB10, during set up it would want to update....and it wouldn't update to 10.2 which was stable....but to 10.2.1 which might well bring in the same battery issues....= 2 phones that drain.

So...what choice would there be....stay with a phone I have enjoyed using but that no longer fits my needs battery wise.....go back to legacy....or change make altogether ?

This is where it is all going wrong.
    02-24-14 08:10 AM

Lower your screen brightness
    02-24-14 11:57 AM
    If the phone is set up anything like mine, the brightness setting can't go any lower.
    02-24-14 12:04 PM
    At minimum... and like afl777 said, everything is set to manual sync and I'm not using more than 3 apps, just to save battery. Really getting tired of this sh*t...

02-24-14 02:01 PM
    At minimum... and like afl777 said, everything is set to manual sync and I'm not using more than 3 apps, just to save battery. Really getting tired of this sh*t...

I'm with you on this....I rely on mine cos I'm disabled and I just plain can't rely on it.

My PC is broken so I can't attempt any sort of roll back to the 10.2 that worked well. I'm just stuck now when I shouldn't be.
    02-24-14 02:14 PM
    I'm with you on this....I rely on mine cos I'm disabled and I just plain can't rely on it.

My PC is broken so I can't attempt any sort of roll back to the 10.2 that worked well. I'm just stuck now when I shouldn't be.
    Feels like I'm wearing shackles and handcuffs. What's the point of using a phone if you can't utilize it's features and all that comes with it?

02-25-14 04:29 AM
    Feels like I'm wearing shackles and handcuffs. What's the point of using a phone if you can't utilize it's features and all that comes with it?

I've loved my Z10...with a passion. But to keep battery life it has to sit doing nothing....which is hardly mobile computing and not even normal mobile use. I've put CB10 on again as it's easy to use, but now using it to type this it will be using more battery than its should....not the fault of CB10 but the fault of the update.

My Z10 has been absolutely fine...no probs...and yet now, following the wipe I did which lowered the display back down to single figures, it's up past 70 again....and when it's charged not doesn't go down as one person told me it would. It's disappointing.
    02-25-14 04:50 AM
    A little update with some good news:

After using my updated Q10 for over a week, I notice the battery life is back to normal.
    What I also did recently was to 1) turn off diagnostic, 2) turn off ? BlackBerry Link, and 3) turn off my phone a take everything out for a couple minutes (I didn't drain my battery since everyone says that it's not a good idea to drain a li-Ion battery completely).
    I can't tell if it's the "settling" of the OS or the three steps I did above that extended my battery life, but one thing I can say for sure now is I'm having an even longer battery life on my Q10

? BlackBerry 10 rocks!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:31 AM

After using my updated Q10 for over a week, I notice the battery life is back to normal.
    What I also did recently was to 1) turn off diagnostic, 2) turn off ? BlackBerry Link, and 3) turn off my phone a take everything out for a couple minutes (I didn't drain my battery since everyone says that it's not a good idea to drain a li-Ion battery completely).
    I can't tell if it's the "settling" of the OS or the three steps I did above that extended my battery life, but one thing I can say for sure now is I'm having an even longer battery life on my Q10

? BlackBerry 10 rocks!

Posted via CB10
    I've already got those turned off.

Battery monitor display now back up to 70 and won't go back yo between 20 n 30....as one inststed it should. iIs definitly the update that has screwed mine. With no PC there is nothing else I can do....and add the constant request for email passwords I am looking round now at other phones.
    02-25-14 08:17 AM
    10.2... on z30 has not affected the battery life.
    Battery life since 10.2.1-img_20140225_195147.png

I wish BlackBerry could fix the issue with the Bb z10 users.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:25 AM
    10.2... on z30 has not affected the battery life.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140225_195147.png 
Views:	688 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	250788

I wish BlackBerry could fix the issue with the Bb z10 users.

Posted via CB10
    Many have'nt got a problem....but for those of us that have its not good....
    02-25-14 08:33 AM

? BlackBerry 10 rocks!

Posted via CB10
    I tried this and a lot more stuff that I came across over the Internet to fix the battery issue. Honestly, I never actually had a decent amount of battery life since I purchased it a year ago. I spent the last one year waiting for an update that may fix this, but there isn't anything to be done about this... why? LCD screens consume more battery than LEDs. You will see several articles on the Internet including CB, that their battery life is amazing and sh*t like that... But they never disclose their full usage details for people to know the exact scenario.

For me, what I need from a smartphone to get thru a day are as follows.
    1. I have 3 email accounts, and I need to receive emails on the go due to business purposes.
    2. I need Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn up and running for business purposes.
    3. I browse the Web 3 to 6 hours a day.
    4. I need multiple instant chat clients to reach my clients. That includes BBM, WhatsApp, WeChat and Skype. Also I chat with my friends and family, sometimes for an hour or two continuously.

These are my needs... And no way in hell the Z10 let's me do that, now I'm only using 1 email, Facebook and Skype. I had an HTC One X a few months ago, it let me do all of that and still come home with 20% battery left. I sold it as the so called "update" BlackBerry 10.2 promised a better battery life. They say BlackBerry 10 is a business platform, yeah my @ss!

We can never get a fair amount of battery life from the Z10, it has a stupid LCD screen and only a 1800mAh battery. Combined together, equals S H I T! And seriously, no update or what so ever can fix this. It really needs a 4000mAh battery. That's the fix.

02-25-14 09:22 AM
    I've found out if you let the battery drain fully and wait 5 mins before putting it on charge, it improves the battery do for a week it should improve however it's still not as good as it was before the update but it's a start!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 09:23 AM
    Mine has been using a lot of battery, and the device monitor battery....display....has been erratic to say the least. The display screen went up to 115% so, with other issues, I wiped the phone and the display went down to 1%.

As the days went on it built up till today it was over 70% again. A user told me after a charge the display part goes back down to between 20 and 30%, but this clearly wasn't happening with mine .

Today I had decided that the fight is over and I will look round other phones....but.....took my Z10 off charge and the display is down to 1%.....

All that was different is that the phone was on when I charged it...for the last week when charging it has been off, through the night.

So now I experiment with charging with the phone on to see if that makes a difference and stops this.
    02-25-14 09:31 AM
    Mine has been using a lot of battery, and the device monitor battery....display....has been erratic to say the least. The display screen went up to 115% so, with other issues, I wiped the phone and the display went down to 1%.

As the days went on it built up till today it was over 70% again. A user told me after a charge the display part goes back down to between 20 and 30%, but this clearly wasn't happening with mine .

Today I had decided that the fight is over and I will look round other phones....but.....took my Z10 off charge and the display is down to 1%.....

All that was different is that the phone was on when I charged it...for the last week when charging it has been off, through the night.

So now I experiment with charging with the phone on to see if that makes a difference and stops this.
    Why should we have to experiment or put ourselves in a difficult position at all? It doesn't really sound like a phone then... a sensible thing to do now is get another phone and stop whining I guess lol

02-25-14 09:47 AM
    I got this with minimal usage of my phone, that's 19 hours of battery life. Should get this on normal usage. By the way, I wiped my phone again yesterday, and charged it to 100%.

Battery life since 10.2.1-img_20140227_182353.png

Via CB10 from Z10-1, 10.2.1.537
    02-27-14 06:29 AM
90 1234