So the big deal and reason to not have Flash on iOS and the reason people said it was dead was because of battery life and security.

Well Flash is on the most secure mobile platform. This platform also has comparable battery life to the competition.

So why again was flash supposed to be dead?

I'm still getting my computer asking me to update to the latest version of flash.

Was everyone wrong about flash? Its 2013. Isn't it still here? (well, here as in on BB10 and most desktop OSes, not 'droid and iOS)
    04-06-13 12:32 AM
    I think iOS dropped Flash because of a power play.
    I don't know the score with Android.
    Adobe themselves have said they're no longer pushing Flash for mobile devices.

But yeah, I haven't seen any major issues either and it's great to have the options on the phone or tablet.
    It does reduce the stability of the browser, more crashes and freezes etc, but for the added functionality it's great, and it's nice to have the option to turn flash on or off in the settings.
    Big selling point for BlackBerry current devices.

In terms of most secure mobile platform though, I'm not sure that's the case, so I can't agree with you from a security point of view. We don't know whether government issued devices have flash as an option or not, and with sideloading and some of the big changes for consumers in how BB10 operates vs legacy the whole most secure platform for the average person doesn't really hold water any more.
    04-06-13 03:13 AM
    Yeah Adobe us killing of support for flash for mobile devices so it is pretty much dead now

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 06:24 PM