Let me be the first to tell you it was a tech reviewer who said that the bezel was to big. Yet the iPhone was the perfect amount of it. Like I said.
    And secondly I don't know why people are so thick, I was comparing the 2 batteries WHICH ARE THE SAME SIZE. Yet one is garbage the other is revolutionary. Sigh!!?

Posted via CB10
    "Let me be the first to tell you it was a tech reviewer who said....." I know nothing about bezel. But I have determined the tech review people and Weather forecasters people have a lot in common. They can both be way of target and still secure a pay check. One of the differences between them may be where the $ for the pay check comes from.

But It's very possible I'm wrong in by thinking. I might be thick as a brick.

BleedBlk-
    10-25-14 10:35 AM
    Oh you are wrong there. In standby mode I get st least 3 days

Posted via CB10
    Yeah with no data on you are basically holding a portable media player with no cellular capabilities. You aren't using it what it was designed for, which is a phone. I could take an original iPhone, stick it in airplane mode and just turn on wifi and I could get 24 hours out of it. Does that make the battery life of it great? No, it just turns off the one feature that people need in day to day activities that drains the most battery. Try using it as an actual phone and then come back and tell us how great the battery is. You can't come on here and say that the battery life of the Z10 is great when you could get the same battery life out of any smartphone with battery problems if you used it the way you use it.
    10-25-14 11:06 AM
    I can understand why some would compare a (z10) 2012 phone to the iphone6. When it all comes down to it the iphone6 is nothing more then a 2012 smartphone. I should know I had the iphone6 but had to return it for so many issues.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie and silversmith75 like this.
    10-25-14 11:23 AM
    You are gloating about your battery life on a phone that you barely use. I could get a couple of days on the Z10 If I turned data off and didn't use the phone. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
    I agree, he would be better off not having an smart phone and use a regular phone plus a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:47 PM
    Yeah with no data on you are basically holding a portable media player with no cellular capabilities. You aren't using it what it was designed for, which is a phone. I could take an original iPhone, stick it in airplane mode and just turn on wifi and I could get 24 hours out of it. Does that make the battery life of it great? No, it just turns off the one feature that people need in day to day activities that drains the most battery. Try using it as an actual phone and then come back and tell us how great the battery is. You can't come on here and say that the battery life of the Z10 is great when you could get the same battery life out of any smartphone with battery problems if you used it the way you use it.
    Totally agreed.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:48 PM
    I personally know 3 people using a Z10 and none of them have ever gone 24 hours on one single charge. I don't know their usage and I could be wrong about this statement, but I'd even go as far as to say I doubt any of them have even been past 12 hours on a single charge.
    Why stop at 12 hours if you're just going to make up statistics?
    10-25-14 01:33 PM
    Why stop at 12 hours if you're just going to make up statistics?
    Hey...that's exactly why I said before hand that I didn't know their usage and I could be wrong lol. I said I doubt they go past because 12 (and I meant on a regular basis) just because of things they have told me. One friend agrees that his battery life isn't that good and he mostly just browses and listens to music while another admittedly said he didn't really notice because he was always by an outlet at work but he did mention that it seemed to drain faster doing nothing than his iPhone did.

Like I said though, I'm not saying it's impossible to get a certain type of battery life out of the Z10. Even 40 hours like some claim. Im just saying, be honest about your usage and if it's typical or not lol

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:53 PM
    Maybe it is the way that you are holding it.

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:09 PM
    I never said the z10 battery was great. I said mine isn't as bad as people on here make it out to be. And yes I use my phone as as many of you do, however I turn off connectivity I don't need. Try it sometime. And yes I use my z10 to post on here as I am doing now.

And yes the Samsung s3 was their flagship phone when the z10 was released. I don't follow apple, but iphone 4 or 5, doesn't matter cuz their batteries aint great either.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    10-25-14 09:29 PM
    According to me, the battery drain when phone is idle is quite high for z10 and probably a little more when using Android app.

My device monitor tells me average battery life as 13 hrs but I don't think so it is true. I hardly get 8-9 hours and then I have to plug my device.

Somehow it was the choice of processor that determines power consumption. It is indeed bad for Z10.

Though I hear a lot of good things for z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:57 PM
    Z30 battery would eat an iPhone 6 for breakfast, lunch and I'd still have battery life left for dinner!

J/K I have no idea how good or not good the iPhone 6 battery life is. However, I do know that I can get 2 days of moderate use out of my Z30 no problem. And for the Z10, great little phone but not on the same level as the Z30.

I'll ask my buddy who just picked an iPhone 6 the other day how good the battery is.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    11-12-14 08:10 PM
    Oh you are wrong there. In standby mode I get st least 3 days

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but the iPhone is known for its good standby time, if not anything else. I think it says 17 days on standby or something? The Mac is more than a month.

The numbers are probably wrong but they're around that area.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 07:08 PM
    I own an iPhone 6, a Z10, and an iPhone 5. The battery life for the iPhone 5 and Z10 are VERY comparable, probably a slight edge to the iPhone 5. The iPhone 6 is much, much better battery life-wise than either phone (much more comparable to the Nokia 928 with light/moderate use).
    11-16-14 01:19 AM
    Z10 has awful battery life! One of the main reasons why I hardly use it and moves to Z30 the moment it came out. The Z10 is a spare phone now!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:10 AM
    Battery life: BlackBerry Z10 vs iPhone 6-img_20141111_005106.png

Learn how to control your gawd dang battery people!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:20 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141111_005106.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	314854

Learn how to control your gawd dang battery people!

Posted via CB10
    Please don't go the route of defending the Z10 battery. It's terrible and if you are getting that much battery life then A. You aren't using your phone at all, or B. You have everything but wifi turned off all the time which isn't a realistic nor practical way of using a phone.

It's battery life is terrible. Blackberry has fixed this by releasing phones with great battery life since then, but the Z10 battery life has been and always will be terrible, end of story. You posting up screen shots of fantasy battery life that aren't real world don't do anything but make you look foolish.
    mmcfly23 likes this.
    11-16-14 12:08 PM
    Please don't go the route of defending the Z10 battery. It's terrible and if you are getting that much battery life then A. You aren't using your phone at all, or B. You have everything but wifi turned off all the time which isn't a realistic nor practical way of using a phone.

It's battery life is terrible. Blackberry has fixed this by releasing phones with great battery life since then, but the Z10 battery life has been and always will be terrible, end of story. You posting up screen shots of fantasy battery life that aren't real world don't do anything but make you look foolish.
    You said standby mode is terrible well probably just for you. I have wifi and data on.

If you don't know how "your" phone works then I feel sorry for you. Learn your settings. Hah! Foolish. Pfft.

If I can get this with the z10, I bet I can last 5 days with the z30. Shiieeehhh. I bet I can get the same with iPhones if I play around with its settings.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 12:27 PM
    You posting up screen shots of fantasy battery life that aren't real world don't do anything but make you look foolish.
    Hah! Aren't real for you. C'mon don, you're better than this.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 12:38 PM
    You said standby mode is terrible well probably just for you. I have wifi and data on.

If you don't know how "your" phone works then I feel sorry for you. Learn your settings. Hah! Foolish. Pfft.

If I can get this with the z10, I bet I can last 5 days with the z30. Shiieeehhh. I bet I can get the same with iPhones if I play around with its settings.

Posted via CB10
    Lol ok.
    11-16-14 12:40 PM
    I don't know about the iPhone 6, but my iPhone 5S gets great battery life. I average 2 to 3 days between charges with mild usage. Mostly social media and communications. If I use it aggressively, playing games, streaming YouTube or Netflix, using Google Maps to go everywhere, I can kill it in one day, but it would still get 8 to 10 hours of screen-on usage time in that one day.

*for the record, I have pretty much everything turned on all the time. 4G/LTE, WiFi (though it only connects when available, obviously) parallax/animations, location services/GPS, background app refresh, auto screen brightness... I think the only thing I don't use or leave turned on is Bluetooth.

11-16-14 01:22 PM
    The iPhone 6+ has 2915, the 6 has 1810 according to GSMArena
    11-16-14 04:15 PM
121 ... 345